- Washington Redskins Free Agency Preview (2014)
- With Perry Riley not Signed The Redskins have 2 Glaring Holes at ILB
- Redskins Cut 5 Players Including Adam Carriker and Sav Rocca
- Redskins use Franchise tag on Brian Orakpo
- Trial Date Set for Other Suspect in Death of Sean Taylor
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 2014 NFL Combine
- Redskins re-sign DeAngelo Hall to Four-Year Deal
- Redskins Mock Draft: 2014 (1st Edition)
- Eric Rivera Sentenced to 57 Years in Prison for Killing Sean Taylor
- Redskins Coaching Staff Taking Shape
2014 NFL Draft now Scheduled for May 8-10
- Updated: May 29, 2013
The 2014 NFL draft will be held May 8-10 at Radio City Music Hall in New York, the league announced Tuesday.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said last week that next year’s draft would be held in May instead of late April because Radio City Music Hall is starting an annual spring event that conflicts with the usual late April dates of the draft. Goodell said then that the only remaining issue was whether the 2014 draft would be held May 8-10 or May 15-17.
The league announced Tuesday that, as Goodell said last week, no decision had been made about the dates of the draft beyond next year. According to the league’s announcement Tuesday, teams have been informed that a “variety of alternatives are being explored … including holding the draft at Radio City or at other locations, either in the New York area or in other cities.”
The NFL also is interested in reworking the dates of other off-season events, including the start of free agency and the scouting combine, but no such changes are being enacted for next year. According to the league’s announcement, next year’s NFL scouting combine is scheduled for Feb. 18-25 and next year’s free agent market is scheduled to open March 11.
The league’s announcement also said that moving next year’s draft to May “will have no effect on when rookies may begin to report to their clubs, the dates of offseason programs, or the length of off-season programs.”