- Redskins Preseason Opponents Announced (2014)
- Redskins Agree to Deal With DeSean Jackson
- Redskins Sign Safety Ryan Clark
- Brian Orakpo Signs Redskins Franchise Tender
- Letter From Dan Snyder: Formation of Original Americans Foundation
- Redskins Mock Draft: 2014 (2nd Edition)
- RGIII: “I Think it’s Safe to say I Won’t be Wearing the Brace”
- Redskins Re-Sign Brandon Meriweather
- Doc Walker Performs Rivalry Baptism on Jason Hatcher (Video)
- Redskins Release Center Will Montgomery
2014 NFL Draft now Scheduled for May 8-10
- Updated: May 29, 2013
The 2014 NFL draft will be held May 8-10 at Radio City Music Hall in New York, the league announced Tuesday.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said last week that next year’s draft would be held in May instead of late April because Radio City Music Hall is starting an annual spring event that conflicts with the usual late April dates of the draft. Goodell said then that the only remaining issue was whether the 2014 draft would be held May 8-10 or May 15-17.
The league announced Tuesday that, as Goodell said last week, no decision had been made about the dates of the draft beyond next year. According to the league’s announcement Tuesday, teams have been informed that a “variety of alternatives are being explored … including holding the draft at Radio City or at other locations, either in the New York area or in other cities.”
The NFL also is interested in reworking the dates of other off-season events, including the start of free agency and the scouting combine, but no such changes are being enacted for next year. According to the league’s announcement, next year’s NFL scouting combine is scheduled for Feb. 18-25 and next year’s free agent market is scheduled to open March 11.
The league’s announcement also said that moving next year’s draft to May “will have no effect on when rookies may begin to report to their clubs, the dates of offseason programs, or the length of off-season programs.”