- Redskins Will Look At In-House Options to Replace Sean McVay
- Proposal for RFK Stadium Campus Includes Possible new Redskins Stadium
- DeAngelo Hall Wants One Last Chance With Redskins, Will Take Paycut
- Redskins Will Face Several Key Free Agent Decisions This Offseason
- Kyshoen Jarrett Speaks Out On His Journey a Year After Being Injured
- Redskins Great Joe Jacoby Named Hall of Fame Finalist for 2nd Time
- Redskins Home and Away Opponents List for 2017
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 17
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Bears Week 16
- Four Redskins Selected to Pro Bowl; Three Others Will be Alternates
2014 NFL Draft now Scheduled for May 8-10
- Updated: May 29, 2013
The 2014 NFL draft will be held May 8-10 at Radio City Music Hall in New York, the league announced Tuesday.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said last week that next year’s draft would be held in May instead of late April because Radio City Music Hall is starting an annual spring event that conflicts with the usual late April dates of the draft. Goodell said then that the only remaining issue was whether the 2014 draft would be held May 8-10 or May 15-17.
The league announced Tuesday that, as Goodell said last week, no decision had been made about the dates of the draft beyond next year. According to the league’s announcement Tuesday, teams have been informed that a “variety of alternatives are being explored … including holding the draft at Radio City or at other locations, either in the New York area or in other cities.”
The NFL also is interested in reworking the dates of other off-season events, including the start of free agency and the scouting combine, but no such changes are being enacted for next year. According to the league’s announcement, next year’s NFL scouting combine is scheduled for Feb. 18-25 and next year’s free agent market is scheduled to open March 11.
The league’s announcement also said that moving next year’s draft to May “will have no effect on when rookies may begin to report to their clubs, the dates of offseason programs, or the length of off-season programs.”