- John Madden Says the Benching of Robert Griffin III is “Baloney”
- Mike Shanahan’s Press Conference Today was Interesting to say the Least
- Redskins Officially Shutdown RGIII for the Rest of the 2013 Season
- Redskins Promote Jawan Jamison to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Redskins Moving Forward: Who Stays, Who Goes?
- Evan Royster Placed On Injured Reserve
- Redskins Injury Report: Hurt Placed on IR, Reed Still a no go in Practice
- NFL Releases Statement on Redskins vs Giants Ending
- Redskins Promote Chase Minnifield to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Stephen Bowen Placed on Injured Reserve, Will Have Surgery
A Great Combine = Higher Draft Value For RGIII
- Updated: February 28, 2012
After a unbelievable weekend at the NFL combine, Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III went on the Dan Patrick show to discuss his performance at the combine and to make an announcement **spoiler** he’s going to be on the cover of EA’s “2013 NCAA College Football” game.
In the process of having an unreal couple days at the combine, RGIII increased his value by running a 4.38 in the 40 yard dash as well as measuring in at 6 foot 2 and 3/8 and 223 lbs. If you are the Redskins, this really isn’t what you should have wanted (the added attention that is). Being as the Redskins will probably have to move up to the number 2 spot in the draft (currently held by the St. Louis Rams), an increase in value means having to give up even more than what was once thought. It has been whispered around twitter and other forums that the asking price could very well be this years 1st, 2nd ,3rd and perhaps next’s years 1st as well, that would be a LOT for just one player, even one as special as Griffin is.
With free agency around the turn, the Redskins have the benefit of being able to sit back and see who will sign a quarterback from the free agent crop and just who will still be in the market for rookie (they may sign a veteran themselves). Of course, the team who has been looked at as the biggest threat to outbid the Redskins, the Browns, may not even want to draft a quarterback at all being as they already have Colt McCoy and wouldn’t want to give up their 2 number 1′s this year with as many needs as they have on their team. This type of scenario could leave the Redskins with having to overpay for Griffin without even knowing if they should or not. It’s a gamble the Redskins are going to have to eventually take (if not now, in the near future) and Griffin looks to be a great fit in DC.
Here is the interview with RGIII on the Dan Patrick Show
Incoming search terms:
- rg3 runs 4 38 video