- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 4
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 3
- Redskins Release CB David Amerson
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Rams Week 2
- 2016 Hall of Fame Nominee List Contains 16 Former Redskins Players
- Redskins Injury Report 9-16-2015
- Redskins Place Duke Ihenacho on Injured Reserve, Sign Will Blackmon
- Redskins Film Review: Sacks From Week One
- Redskins Release Kicker Kai Forbath, Sign Dustin Hopkins
- Redskins Notes & Quotes 9-14-2015
Bacarri Rambo Starts Camp as Redskins Starting Free Safety
- Updated: July 25, 2013
The Washington Redskins knew when they drafted Bacarri Rambo in the sixth round of 2013 NFL Draft that they had a player who could possibly start. It only took the Redskins a short time to put that thought into motion as Rambo lined up with the starting unit on the first day of Redskins training camp in Richmond, Va.
When Raheem Morris yelled for first team DBs, Amerson, Hall, Meriweather and Rambo went out. (Wilson is on PUP). #RedskinsTalk
— Tarik El-Bashir (@TarikCSN) July 25, 2013
The talk through OTA’s and offseason activities was that Rambo was lining up as a free safety and Phillip Thomas, who was also drafted in this years draft, was lining up at strong safety (backup to Meriweather).
“It’s a big opportunity. I’ve just got to go out there and show them that I know what I’m doing”, said Rambo.
It’s still early as camp just opened, but it at least appears as if the Redskins are looking to cash in on another sixth round draft pick, which has become Mike Shanhan’s calling card through the years.
Rambo wasn’t the only rookie defensive back that lined up with the starters as David Amerson filled in for cornerback Josh Wilson, who was placed on the active physically unable to perform (PUP) list Thursday morning.
Click here for the best deals on the internet on Washington Redskins tickets.