- John Madden Says the Benching of Robert Griffin III is “Baloney”
- Mike Shanahan’s Press Conference Today was Interesting to say the Least
- Redskins Officially Shutdown RGIII for the Rest of the 2013 Season
- Redskins Promote Jawan Jamison to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Redskins Moving Forward: Who Stays, Who Goes?
- Evan Royster Placed On Injured Reserve
- Redskins Injury Report: Hurt Placed on IR, Reed Still a no go in Practice
- NFL Releases Statement on Redskins vs Giants Ending
- Redskins Promote Chase Minnifield to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Stephen Bowen Placed on Injured Reserve, Will Have Surgery
Bacarri Rambo Will not let Being Benched Discourage him
- Updated: September 25, 2013
Redskins rookie safety Bacarri Rambo said being benched last weekend came as a surprise, but he did understand the reasoning behind it.
Rambo has been the Redskins starting free safety from the start of training camp through the last two weeks of the season, but didn’t play a single play with the defense against Detroit. Rambo instead saw 19 plays with the special teams as Jim Haslett went with a three cornerback and one safety look against the Lions dynamic three receiver set. Coach Mike Shanahan said earlier this week that Rambo’s poor performances in the first two weeks were also a deciding factor in the move.
Rambo said Wednesday, “I was very surprised, but like I said, it was just based on the personnel and type of offense.” He then said that the Redskins coaches have talked to me this week about his need to improve. After being on the field for every possible defensive snap in the first two games, Rambo said dealing with the drastic change wasn’t easy.
“It was very difficult, but I just let the coaches coach and I’ll just go out there and do whatever it takes to help the team win,” Rambo said. “If it’s for me to just play special teams, I’ll do it. Other than that, I’m just glad to be there and once I get my chance and my opportunity, I’m going to take advantage of it.”
Rambo said he will not let the benching discourage him as he will take it all in and work harder in practice to try and regain his starting role.
“It’s still growing on me still,” he said. “I’m just trying to improve every game. But, the speed of the game, everybody says the SEC is the most NFL-like conference, but naw, it’s not. It’s a whole lot different. I just try to get out there and continue to adapt and continue to grow.”
Incoming search terms:
- bacarri rambo benched
- rambo benched
- bacari rambo benched by redskins
- bacarri rambo not starting
- bacarri rambo redskins benched
- brcarri bacarri rambo benched
- why dont the redskins play rambo
- why is rambo benched with red skins