- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Lions Week 7
- Week 6 Observations Redskins vs Eagles
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 6
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Ravens Week 5
- VIDEO: Redskins CB Josh Norman E60 Feature (FULL)
- Redskins Press Conferences: Sean McVay 10-7-2016
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Browns Week 4
- Jay Gruden Says He Doesn’t Know What a Catch is Anymore
- Redskins Enter Matchup With Browns Needing to Find Consistency
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 3
Brian Orakpo: “I Would Love to be a Redskin for Life”
- Updated: May 6, 2013
If Brian Orakpo has his way, he will not be wearing any other teams jersey except the Redskins.
“I would love to be a Redskin for life,” Orakpo said at the golf tournament he hosts yearly for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. “That’s my goal. Obviously, when I talked to Mr. Snyder, he said that’s his goal. Coach Shanahan said that’s his goal. As long as both sides take care of our business, it shouldn’t be a problem.”
He and the team have not discussed an extension in detail, Orakpo said Monday. That could have something to do with the season-ending torn left pectoral muscle he suffered in Week 2 last season. Orakpo said Monday he is fully recovered from that.
Orakpo also tore the same pectoral in the final game of the season in 2011, though each tear occurred in a different place on the muscle.
“It feels differently because I’m not having any aches, I’m not having any pains,” Orakpo said. “I’m not having any sort of discomfort once you’re post-injury or post-surgery, you know?
“A lot of times when you come back from injury you can have some setbacks. You can have some discomfort, but you try to play through it. This time around, it’s really been beneficial for me as far as not really feeling any pain, and it’s great so far.”
Orakpo would not rule out signing an extension before training camp.
“The coaches know what I mean to this organization,” he said, “and that shouldn’t be a problem once it’s all said and done.”