- Redskins Officially Hire New Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray
- Daily Recap: Redskins D-Line Needs Mesh Well With Strength of the Upcoming Draft; Montravius Adams To The Redskins at 17?
- Daily Recap: Only 2 Teams got Fewer Snaps From Their Rookies in 2016; Is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham a Possibility at 17?
- Virginia Governor Claims New Redskins Stadium Can Be Built Without Taxpayer Dollars
- Redskins Injury Report: Gruden Gives Update on Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed and Su’a Cravens
- Daily Recap: Matt Cavanaugh Says “Don’t Expect Much to Change on Offense”; Could Ohio St Safety Malik Hooker Fall to Redskins?
- Redskins Announce Coaching Staff Changes
- Redskins Re-Sign Veteran Long Snapper Nick Sundberg
- Chris Baker Wants to Return to the Redskins and Retire in Washington
- Daily Recap: Redskins O-Line Had 4th Fewest Sacks in 2016; Robert Kelley has Minor Knee Surgery
Brian Orakpo: “I Would Love to be a Redskin for Life”
- Updated: May 6, 2013
If Brian Orakpo has his way, he will not be wearing any other teams jersey except the Redskins.
“I would love to be a Redskin for life,” Orakpo said at the golf tournament he hosts yearly for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. “That’s my goal. Obviously, when I talked to Mr. Snyder, he said that’s his goal. Coach Shanahan said that’s his goal. As long as both sides take care of our business, it shouldn’t be a problem.”
He and the team have not discussed an extension in detail, Orakpo said Monday. That could have something to do with the season-ending torn left pectoral muscle he suffered in Week 2 last season. Orakpo said Monday he is fully recovered from that.
Orakpo also tore the same pectoral in the final game of the season in 2011, though each tear occurred in a different place on the muscle.
“It feels differently because I’m not having any aches, I’m not having any pains,” Orakpo said. “I’m not having any sort of discomfort once you’re post-injury or post-surgery, you know?
“A lot of times when you come back from injury you can have some setbacks. You can have some discomfort, but you try to play through it. This time around, it’s really been beneficial for me as far as not really feeling any pain, and it’s great so far.”
Orakpo would not rule out signing an extension before training camp.
“The coaches know what I mean to this organization,” he said, “and that shouldn’t be a problem once it’s all said and done.”