- Redskins Press Conference: Jay Gruden 7-29-2016
- Redskins Press Conference: Kirk Cousins 7-28-2016
- Redskins Press Conference: Jay Gruden 7-27-2016
- 2016 Roster Breakdown: Redskins Offensive Line
- First Annual Capital Beer Classic at FedExField on July 30th
- 2016 Redskins are Ready to Prove Naysayers Wrong
- Redskins Hire First Female Head Physician in NFL History
- Redskins Sign Last Draft Pick CB Kendall Fuller; Sign WR Jarvis Turner
- Redskins Release Training Camp Schedule; Will Begin July 28, 2016
- Redskins Rookie WR Josh Doctson Q & A Interview (VIDEO)
Redskins Promote Chase Minnifield to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Updated: November 29, 2013
Washington Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan said Friday that the team had promoted cornerback Chase Minnifield from their practice squad to the 53-man roster.
“We feel like he’s earned the right [with] the way he practices, the way he handles himself,” Shanahan said. “He could play the corner or he could play inside in a nickel situation. We just like the way he’s developed and how he’s handled himself. And that’s what you’re constantly doing, evaluating guys in practice. We just thought he’d be a guy that we should bring up and we’ll see how it goes.”
The Redskins had a vacant spot on the 53-man roster as a result of moves that were made by the team on Tuesday. Minnifield was signed to the practice squad in September after failing to make the Redskins’ season-opening roster. The team originally signed Minnifield as an undrafted rookie last year. He missed all of his rookie season because of a knee injury (micro-fracture).
Minnifield said he received the news from Shanahan before Friday’s practice.
“I haven’t really worried about it at all,” Minnifield said. “Just getting out there trying to get better every day. … It’s good. It’s just an every-day thing for me. Whether I’m on the team, not on the team, I’m always gonna just continue to work hard at whatever I’m trying to do.”