- Redskins Sign Everette Brown; Place Brian Orakpo on Injured Reserve
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 10-20-2014
- Brian Orakpo has Torn Pectoral Muscle, Out for the Season
- Redskins Notes & Quotes 10-20-2014
- Concern Grows on Brian Orakpo’s Pectoral Muscle Injury, MRI set for Monday
- Colt McCoy Replaces Kirk Cousins, Sparks Redskins win Over Titans
- Redskins Inactive List for Week 7
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Titans Week 7
- Redskins Activate Stephen Bowen; Place Akeem Jordan on Injured Reserve
- Santana Moss Gets Beautiful Native American Tattoos on his Legs
Chris Cooley Says He’ll Only Play for the Redskins
- Updated: April 16, 2013
Cooley was at Glenridge Elementary School Tuesday morning at the “Power to Read Pizza Party” which rewarded more than 100 Prince George’s County third graders for their commitment to reading. He took time out to speak one-on-one with WUSA9 Sports Anchor Dave Owens on a variety of topics.
The free agent tight end says this is a different type of off-season for him, since he officially has no team..
“It’s been really strange but it’s been fun because of what I did in the football world, there’s all these opportunities and I say to myself ‘oh my gosh, I can do this, or this or this or I can play golf,’” says the former tight end laughing. Cooley says he doesn’t want to play for any other team than the Skins but they have not contacted him about a return to the organization.
“I have no clue but you can ask Bruce Allen (General Manager) though or Mike Shanahan,” says Cooley laughing. He still, however, is a fan of burgundy and gold.
He continued, “I think what the Washington Redskins did last year changed football, it changed the way football is played, Robert (Griffin) changed the way football is played, people couldn’t stop us.”