- John Madden Says the Benching of Robert Griffin III is “Baloney”
- Mike Shanahan’s Press Conference Today was Interesting to say the Least
- Redskins Officially Shutdown RGIII for the Rest of the 2013 Season
- Redskins Promote Jawan Jamison to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Redskins Moving Forward: Who Stays, Who Goes?
- Evan Royster Placed On Injured Reserve
- Redskins Injury Report: Hurt Placed on IR, Reed Still a no go in Practice
- NFL Releases Statement on Redskins vs Giants Ending
- Redskins Promote Chase Minnifield to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Stephen Bowen Placed on Injured Reserve, Will Have Surgery
Dallas Cowboy Fan Set to Name Son After RG3
- Updated: February 22, 2013
Enter Redskins fan Emanuel Vega and his girlfriend Marissa Pena, a lifelong Cowboys fan who took the rivalry to the next step.
On Thanksgiving day the Redskins traveled to Texas to take on Dallas and the couple decided to up the ante by making a name bet on the game. If the Redskins were to win their son would be named Robert Griffin Vega. If the Cowboys were to win, the child’s name would have been Miles Austin Vega.
“She didn’t really disagree with that at all, but she started saying she would name it Troy Aikman or Emmitt Smith, all these old Cowboys,” Vega told The Washington Post. “I would die if my son grew up to be a Cowboys fan. That’d be awful. I don’t even know how I’d feel.”
As everyone knows the Redskins went on to win the game behind a huge day from RG3, and the rest is history.
“We’ve had bets before, where she would wear my Redskins sweater at work if they won,” the 27-year-old Vega said. “But the name of our son? Determining what fan he would be? It was just insane that they won. That was even bigger than the division title.”
Robert Griffin Vega is due in April…Hail to the Redskins!!