- 2016 Roster Breakdown: Redskins Offensive Line
- First Annual Capital Beer Classic at FedExField on July 30th
- 2016 Redskins are Ready to Prove Naysayers Wrong
- Redskins Hire First Female Head Physician in NFL History
- Redskins Sign Last Draft Pick CB Kendall Fuller; Sign WR Jarvis Turner
- Redskins Release Training Camp Schedule; Will Begin July 28, 2016
- Redskins Rookie WR Josh Doctson Q & A Interview (VIDEO)
- Jordan Reed Named Number 77, “NFL Top 100 of 2016” (VIDEO)
- Redskins Sign six of Seven Draft Picks
- Redskins Weekly News Roundup 5-10-2016
DeAngelo Hall Happy to Take pay cut for Chance to win
- Updated: May 15, 2013
Washington Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall was on NFL Total Access on Tuesday and was asked about re-signing with the team for less money.
“For me, this time around, it wasn’t about the money,” he said “We started something here in Washington with coach (Mike) Shanahan and that was the biggest thing I wanted to stress. I felt like my contract along with (Albert) Haynesworth were the reasons we were in the situation we were in. So for me, it wasn’t about the money.”
Hall said he’s made plenty of money in his career, including $8 million to play eight games for Oakland in 2008.
“I wanted to come back here,” Hall said. “I wanted to finish something I started. I grew up in Virginia Beach area. I’m a local l kid, went to Virginia Tech. I want to be a part of this football team. I’ve been a part of it when we weren’t so good. So to finally be on the cusp of being great, I want to be a part of that. I was willing to take a pay cut and get back on this football team to help us win.”
Hall said he hopes RG3 will be ready, but if he’s not the team has faith in backup Kirk Cousins to lead them to the playoffs.
“If (Griffin’s) ready to go, we’re all for it,” Hall said. “We can’t wait to have him out there. But if he’s not, like I said, we feel great having Kirk out there, whoever else we put out there in different schemes and all that to win football games.”
The full interview can be viewed by CLICKING HERE.