- Redskins QB Kirk Cousins Will Play Another Season on the Franchise Tag
- Washington Redskins Showcase Security & Menu Changes at 2017 Taste of FedexField
- Redskins WR Terrelle Pryor is Working Like a Mad-Man This Offseason (Video)
- DeAngelo Hall Agrees to Restructure Contract With Washington Redskins
- Washington Redskins Training Camp Will Start on July 27
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Safety Josh Harvey-Clemons at Pick 230
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects WR Robert Davis at Pick 209
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Center Chase Roullier at Pick 199
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects TE Jeremy Sprinkle at Pick 154
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects RB Samaje Perine at Pick 114
DeAngelo Hall Happy to Take pay cut for Chance to win
- Updated: May 15, 2013
Washington Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall was on NFL Total Access on Tuesday and was asked about re-signing with the team for less money.
“For me, this time around, it wasn’t about the money,” he said “We started something here in Washington with coach (Mike) Shanahan and that was the biggest thing I wanted to stress. I felt like my contract along with (Albert) Haynesworth were the reasons we were in the situation we were in. So for me, it wasn’t about the money.”
Hall said he’s made plenty of money in his career, including $8 million to play eight games for Oakland in 2008.
“I wanted to come back here,” Hall said. “I wanted to finish something I started. I grew up in Virginia Beach area. I’m a local l kid, went to Virginia Tech. I want to be a part of this football team. I’ve been a part of it when we weren’t so good. So to finally be on the cusp of being great, I want to be a part of that. I was willing to take a pay cut and get back on this football team to help us win.”
Hall said he hopes RG3 will be ready, but if he’s not the team has faith in backup Kirk Cousins to lead them to the playoffs.
“If (Griffin’s) ready to go, we’re all for it,” Hall said. “We can’t wait to have him out there. But if he’s not, like I said, we feel great having Kirk out there, whoever else we put out there in different schemes and all that to win football games.”
The full interview can be viewed by CLICKING HERE.