- Daily Recap: Redskins O-Line Had 4th Fewest Sacks in 2016; Robert Kelley has Minor Knee Surgery
- Redskins Set to Hire Kevin O’Connell as Team’s New Quarterback Coach
- Ryan Kerrigan Undergoes Elbow Surgery Faces 6-8 Week Recovery Time
- Daily Recap: Supreme Court Hears Case Similar to Redskins Trademark; Could Leonard Fournette Slip to the ‘Skins at 17?
- 3 of 4 Redskins Selected to Pro Bowl Will Not Attend
- Daily Recap: Redskins Not Locked Into 3-4 Scheme In Coaching Search; Ultimate Fan Letter Pushes for Jacoby Enshrinement
- Ryan Kerrigan & Trent Williams Named To All-NFC Team By PFWA
- Daily Recap: Redskins Scouting Departments Well Represented at First Shrine Practice; New Names Added To Defensive Coach Search
- Redskins Will Look At In-House Options to Replace Sean McVay
- Proposal for RFK Stadium Campus Includes Possible new Redskins Stadium
Donte Stallworth to try out for Redskins Next Week
- Updated: June 6, 2013
NFL.com’s Albert Breer reported Thursday that Donte Stallworth will be brought in for a tryout with the Redskins during next week’s veteran minicamp, according to a source. A 10-year veteran, Stallworth played sparingly with the New England Patriots last season. He appeared in 11 games for the Redskins in 2011.
Per source, the Redskins will bring Donte Stallworth in for a tryout during next week’s minicamp. Stallworth played for the Skins in 2011.
— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) June 6, 2013
Given the circumstances of his offseason, Stallworth is lucky the opportunity with the Redskins is possible. In March, Stallworth and a girlfriend suffered burns when a hot air balloon they were riding over Miami collided with power lines. He was medically cleared to resume football activities last month.
The Patriots reportedly expressed interest in bringing back Stallworth, but the market had been otherwise quiet until now. The entirety of Donte Stallworth’s statistical production with the Pats last season can be boiled down to one clip, a 63-yard touchdown reception in a blowout win over the Houston Texans.