- Redskins Injury Report: Hurt Placed on IR, Reed Still a no go in Practice
- NFL Releases Statement on Redskins vs Giants Ending
- Redskins Promote Chase Minnifield to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Stephen Bowen Placed on Injured Reserve, Will Have Surgery
- Members of the Navajo Code Talkers Association Honored by Redskins
- Joe Jacoby Named Semifinalist for the 2014 Hall of Fame Class
- Leonard Hankerson Has LCL/ACL Surgery
- Injury Report: Redskins vs Eagles; Hall Will Play, Bowen is Questionable
- Redskins Promote Nick Williams to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Jordan Reed Breaks Redskins Rookie Records, on Pace to set NFL Records for Rookie TE’s
Donte Stallworth to try out for Redskins Next Week
- Updated: June 6, 2013
NFL.com’s Albert Breer reported Thursday that Donte Stallworth will be brought in for a tryout with the Redskins during next week’s veteran minicamp, according to a source. A 10-year veteran, Stallworth played sparingly with the New England Patriots last season. He appeared in 11 games for the Redskins in 2011.
Per source, the Redskins will bring Donte Stallworth in for a tryout during next week’s minicamp. Stallworth played for the Skins in 2011.
— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) June 6, 2013
Given the circumstances of his offseason, Stallworth is lucky the opportunity with the Redskins is possible. In March, Stallworth and a girlfriend suffered burns when a hot air balloon they were riding over Miami collided with power lines. He was medically cleared to resume football activities last month.
The Patriots reportedly expressed interest in bringing back Stallworth, but the market had been otherwise quiet until now. The entirety of Donte Stallworth’s statistical production with the Pats last season can be boiled down to one clip, a 63-yard touchdown reception in a blowout win over the Houston Texans.