- Washington Redskins Announce 2017 Preseason Opponents
- Redskins Sign Former Colts Linebacker Chris Carter
- Redskins Clear cap Space by Releasing Ricky Jean Francois
- Terrelle Pryor is Focused on Opportunity to Prove Himself With Redskins
- Redskins Officially Hire New Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray
- Daily Recap: Redskins D-Line Needs Mesh Well With Strength of the Upcoming Draft; Montravius Adams To The Redskins at 17?
- Daily Recap: Only 2 Teams got Fewer Snaps From Their Rookies in 2016; Is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham a Possibility at 17?
- Virginia Governor Claims New Redskins Stadium Can Be Built Without Taxpayer Dollars
- Redskins Injury Report: Gruden Gives Update on Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed and Su’a Cravens
- Daily Recap: Matt Cavanaugh Says “Don’t Expect Much to Change on Offense”; Could Ohio St Safety Malik Hooker Fall to Redskins?
Donte Stallworth to try out for Redskins Next Week
- Updated: June 6, 2013
NFL.com’s Albert Breer reported Thursday that Donte Stallworth will be brought in for a tryout with the Redskins during next week’s veteran minicamp, according to a source. A 10-year veteran, Stallworth played sparingly with the New England Patriots last season. He appeared in 11 games for the Redskins in 2011.
Per source, the Redskins will bring Donte Stallworth in for a tryout during next week’s minicamp. Stallworth played for the Skins in 2011.
— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) June 6, 2013
Given the circumstances of his offseason, Stallworth is lucky the opportunity with the Redskins is possible. In March, Stallworth and a girlfriend suffered burns when a hot air balloon they were riding over Miami collided with power lines. He was medically cleared to resume football activities last month.
The Patriots reportedly expressed interest in bringing back Stallworth, but the market had been otherwise quiet until now. The entirety of Donte Stallworth’s statistical production with the Pats last season can be boiled down to one clip, a 63-yard touchdown reception in a blowout win over the Houston Texans.