- Redskins Sign Former Colts Linebacker Chris Carter
- Redskins Clear cap Space by Releasing Ricky Jean Francois
- Terrelle Pryor is Focused on Opportunity to Prove Himself With Redskins
- Redskins Officially Hire New Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray
- Daily Recap: Redskins D-Line Needs Mesh Well With Strength of the Upcoming Draft; Montravius Adams To The Redskins at 17?
- Daily Recap: Only 2 Teams got Fewer Snaps From Their Rookies in 2016; Is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham a Possibility at 17?
- Virginia Governor Claims New Redskins Stadium Can Be Built Without Taxpayer Dollars
- Redskins Injury Report: Gruden Gives Update on Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed and Su’a Cravens
- Daily Recap: Matt Cavanaugh Says “Don’t Expect Much to Change on Offense”; Could Ohio St Safety Malik Hooker Fall to Redskins?
- Redskins Announce Coaching Staff Changes
FedEx Field Will be Installing OSU Developed Turfgrass ‘Latitude 36’
- Updated: May 17, 2013
When the Washington Redskins open their home season this fall, they will do so on a new playing surface sodded with an award-winning turf of bermudagrass created by researchers at Oklahoma State University. The team announced in April it will install OSU’s Latitude 36 at FedEx Field in June.
As many will remember, the last time we saw the turf at FedEx Field it was in extreme need of a redo.
“The NFL is the ultimate for any football player so we are delighted that a bermudagrass created by OSU experts has reached this pinnacle of success,” said OSU President Burns Hargis. “The NFL also is the ultimate test of a turf’s durability and we’re confident the Washington Redskins will be pleased with the performance of Latitude 36.” FedEx Field becomes the first NFL field to showcase Latitude 36.
The Baltimore Ravens also have installed the new variety on two practice fields, and the University of Virginia and Bradley University home football fields are sodded with Latitude 36 as well. The grass is ideal for use in parts of the eastern, western and southern United States for sports fields, golf course fairways/tee boxes, commercial grounds and residential lawns, in part, because of its excellent tolerance for traffic and recuperation rate once it is damaged. It has improved cold hardiness and excellent color, texture, density and uniformity.
You can read more about the bermudagrass developed by Oklahoma State by clicking HERE.
Incoming search terms:
- redskins fedex field grass
- red skin field grass
- is the redskins field grass
- is redskins field real grass
- is fedex field turf or grass
- is fedex field grass or turf
- is fed ex field grass or turf
- fedex field turf or grass
- Fedex field
- what is the turf on fedex field