- Washington Redskins 2018 Madden Ratings
- Redskins LB Trent Murphy Will Miss the Entire 2017 Season With Torn ACL/MCL
- Redskins Injury Report: RB Keith Marshall Tore Right Patellar Tendon, Out for Season
- Washington Redskins Sign DB Jeremiah McKinnon, Release DB Lou Young III
- Redskins Training Camp 2017: Recap Day 1 (Videos)
- Washington Redskins Release Linebacker Houston Bates, Sign Tight End E.J. Bibbs
- Jordan Reed one of Four Redskins to Start Training Camp on PUP List
- Washington Redskins DeAngelo Hall, Houston Bates Will Begin Camp on PUP List
- Redskins QB Kirk Cousins Will Play Another Season on the Franchise Tag
- Washington Redskins Showcase Security & Menu Changes at 2017 Taste of FedexField
Five Things to Look for: Redskins vs Chicago Preseason Game
- Updated: August 18, 2012
Redskins vs Chicago Preseason Game
Heading into the second preseason game tonight against the Chicago Bears, the Washington Redskins will look to give rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III a few more snaps (30-35). The following list consists of five things I will be looking for tonight as I sit-down and watch the game.
- Robert Griffin III – Just how will Washington look to use this young talent in only his second preseason outing? That will be probably depend on just how well the offensive line performs. Griffin was excellent as far as going through his options on the last drive of the Bills game, so I think the Shanahan’s will start the offense off in the same spot it left off on the 14th play against Buffalo.
- Orakpo and Kerrigan – Against Buffalo these two looked like they could be on the brink of being the best linebacker combo in the NFL. Look to see them shifting from strong-side to weak-side more often this week as it appears they want to move them around more this year. That should lead to more opportunities for Orakpo to get at the quarterback, I personally believe Ryan Kerrigan is going to have a monster season this year so I will be focused on him mainly.
- Neil Rackers vs. Graham Gano – Last week these two didn’t get any chances at moving their chess pieces at all in their kicker battle. Let’s hope this week is different, just for the record I picked Gano to win this battle.
- The Redskins Secondary of ‘Misfits’ – Now don’t think I’m bagging on the team, the ‘Misfits’ label is one the group came up with for themselves. Brandon Meriweather will be playing against his former team and there may be a little hostility between the two since the Bears cut him last year. Rookie Richard Crawford looked good in the preseason opener and he will look to shine again as he continues to try to make the 53-man roster (which I have him doing). With the group of guys still contending for the free safety spot it should be interesting to see who can step up and win the job this year.
- The Offensive Line – Last week they didn’t look very good in run blocking but appeared to get it together on the final drive that Robert Griffin III played, in which they scored a touchdown. The line still is dinged up a bit but looks to try and improve over last weeks showing.