- Washington QB Alex Smith Activated off Physically Unable to Perform List
- Dwayne Haskins vs Kyle Allen – Is It a Real QB Competition?
- NFL Unveils Oakley Mouth Shields Designed to Protect Against COVID-19
- Kelvin Harmon Tears ACL, Will Miss 2020 Season | Redskins Injury Report
- Washington “Retires” Redskins Name & Logo
- Redskins Select Chase Young With 2nd Overall Pick | 2020 NFL Draft
Flashback Friday: The 1972 Washington Redskins
- Updated: June 29, 2012
The 1972 Washington Redskins
Coming off the feeling of reaching the postseason for the first time in 26 years the season before, the George Allen led Washington Redskins in 1972, won 11 of their first 12 games. After dropping the last two games of the season, the Redskins were charged and ready for a push in the 1972 NFL Playoffs, and push they did.
The Redskins beat the Green Bay Packers and then the Dallas Cowboys in the 1972 NFC Championship game in route to Superbowl VII. The Redskins would come up short against the undefeated Miami Dolphins in the Superbowl, losing 14-7.
Hail to the Redskins!
Incoming search terms:
- 1972 washington redskins
- 1972 redskins