- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 3
- Washington Redskins Notes & Quotes Week 2
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 2
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Steelers Week 1
- Redskins Announce Fan Information For MNF Season Opener
- Redskins Press Conference: Jay Gruden 9-5-2016
- Redskins Sign RB Mack Brown, 8 Others to Practice Squad
- Redskins 2016 Official 53-Man Roster: Post-Cuts Analysis
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Bucs Preseason Week 4
- Preseason Week 3 Observations Redskins vs Bills
Pierre Garcon and Brian Orakpo are Excited for 2013
- Updated: May 14, 2013
The veterans on the Washington Redskins football team are excited for next season.
“We’re growing,” receiver Pierre Garçon told fans during a Mastercard event at Redskins Park. “We’ve got a long of young guys on the team; a lot of young coaches and players.
“We’ve got one year under our belts and we’re continuing to work on our craft, looking over tape from last year.”
After spending last year learning a new playback and searching for his place in the Shanahan scheme, Garcon is ready to flourish in year two.
“Instead of learning everything brand new this year, we’ll be taking a step forward and perfecting it,” he said. “We definitely will continue to grow and be one year smarter, one year more consistent.”
Brian Orakpo, much like Garcon, is also pumped for next year after missing last seasons magical run due to injury.
“It was phenomenal to watch because I’ve been here through the down times,” he said. “Now I see our team growing and rising, having that popularity around the country.”
“We’ve been getting better each year since general manager Bruce Allen and head coach Mike Shanahan took over,” he said. “As far as personnel, as far as tradition and bringing in the right type of guys with the right type of character.”
Orakpo assured fans that he is 100 percent recovered from his pectoral surgery and is looking forward to full participation in OTAs and looking ahead to training camp.
“I’m very excited because we won the division last year and went to the playoffs for the first time in a long time,” he said. “We can build off that to make the playoffs be a consistent thing every single year.”