- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Safety Josh Harvey-Clemons at Pick 230
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects WR Robert Davis at Pick 209
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Center Chase Roullier at Pick 199
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects TE Jeremy Sprinkle at Pick 154
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects RB Samaje Perine at Pick 114
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects CB Fabian Moreau at Pick 81
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects LB Ryan Anderson at Pick 49
- Washington Redskins RB Matt Jones on Trading Block
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Jonathan Allen at Pick 17
- Washington Redskins Announce 2017 Preseason Opponents
Pierre Garcon and Brian Orakpo are Excited for 2013
- Updated: May 14, 2013
The veterans on the Washington Redskins football team are excited for next season.
“We’re growing,” receiver Pierre Garçon told fans during a Mastercard event at Redskins Park. “We’ve got a long of young guys on the team; a lot of young coaches and players.
“We’ve got one year under our belts and we’re continuing to work on our craft, looking over tape from last year.”
After spending last year learning a new playback and searching for his place in the Shanahan scheme, Garcon is ready to flourish in year two.
“Instead of learning everything brand new this year, we’ll be taking a step forward and perfecting it,” he said. “We definitely will continue to grow and be one year smarter, one year more consistent.”
Brian Orakpo, much like Garcon, is also pumped for next year after missing last seasons magical run due to injury.
“It was phenomenal to watch because I’ve been here through the down times,” he said. “Now I see our team growing and rising, having that popularity around the country.”
“We’ve been getting better each year since general manager Bruce Allen and head coach Mike Shanahan took over,” he said. “As far as personnel, as far as tradition and bringing in the right type of guys with the right type of character.”
Orakpo assured fans that he is 100 percent recovered from his pectoral surgery and is looking forward to full participation in OTAs and looking ahead to training camp.
“I’m very excited because we won the division last year and went to the playoffs for the first time in a long time,” he said. “We can build off that to make the playoffs be a consistent thing every single year.”