- An Inside Look at the Daily Show’s “Redskins Experience”
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 9-30-2014
- Redskins Re-Sign Corner Richard Crawford; Sign Safety Jamarca Sanford
- Redskins Notes & Quotes 9-28-2014
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 9-25-2014
- Redskins Promote NT Robert Thomas From Practice Squad to Active Roster
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 4
- Chris Paul’s Redskins Remix Week 4: First Ladies of Football (VIDEO)
- Chris Baker Will not be Suspended After hit on Foles Ruled Legal
- Redskins Injury Report Week 4
Former Redskin Gary Clark Participates in Exhibition Race
- Updated: April 21, 2013
Former Washington Redskins wide receiver Gary Clark made an appearance Saturday night at the Richmond Coliseum for the final night of Arena Racing, a new local sport in Richmond, Virginia.
Clark, who will turn 51 on May 1st, took part in a 10-lap exhibition race during intermission, racing against Health Diagnostic Laboratories, Inc. CEO Tonya Mallory. Clark lost the race by a large margin, but that didn’t stop the crowd at the Richmond Coliseum from enjoying the event.
Spectator David Herring said ” he (Clark) was a little scared of the car but he seemed to have a great time. He took off his personal Redskins hat, and signed it. The hat was auctioned off randomly to the fans, going for $200, with the proceeds going to the Mary Kay Foundation.” Herring went on to say, “Although I’m a huge Cowboys fan, he was a cool dude.”
Clark was named the new coach of the Lingerie Football League’s Baltimore Charm in February the same team Angela Rypien plays for. Angela, is Clark’s former teammate Mark Rypien’s daughter.
Gary Clark was with the Redskins from 1985-1992, winning two Super Bowls and going to four Pro Bowls. He was recognized as one of the 70 Greatest Redskins and is a member of both the James Madison Hall of Fame and the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame.
Photo courtesy of David Herring