- Redskins sign 11 players to Reserve/Future contracts
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 17
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cardinals Week 15
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Chargers Week 14
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 13
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Saints Week 11
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Vikings Week 10
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Seahawks Week 9
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 8
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 7
Redskins Injury Report: Hurt Placed on IR, Reed Still a no go in Practice
- Updated: December 5, 2013
After being able to stay relatively healthy for most of the season, the Washington Redskins injury report is growing longer by the day.
Offensive tackle Trent Williams (foot contusion), safeties Brandon Meriweather (sternum contusion) and Reed Doughty (concussion) and tight end Jordan Reed (concussion) were all held out of Wednesday’s practice coach Mike Shanahan said.
Tight end Niles Paul missed Wednesday practice with an illness.
In addition, fullback Darrel Young (hamstring), linebacker London Fletcher (ankle) and cornerback DeAngelo Hall (hip and back) were limited.
Doughty, who has suffered two concussions in six weeks, was cleared to practice but was withheld as a precaution, Shanahan said.
On the other hand, Jordan Reed would not be able to suit up if the Redskins played today, according to Shanahan, who added, “We’ll take it day by day.” Reed had been expected to return from a one-week absence last Sunday but was a late scratch after suffering a pre-game headache.
Williams was in a walking boot on Monday but was not sporting one Wednesday. He told reporters that he expects to play Sunday against the Chiefs.
In other news, Maurice Hurt was placed on the season-ending injured reserve on Wednesday.
Hurt had arthroscopic knee surgery in May and spent the offseason and first two months of the regular season on the physically unable to perform list (PUP). He returned to practice on November 13, opening a 21-day window for the team to evaluate his progress.
That window closed Wednesday, when the team opted to end Hurt’s season rather than cut another player to clear a spot on the 53-man roster. The team’s choices were to active Hurt, put him on IR or release him.