- Redskins Begin Roster Cutdown to 53
- Which Redskins Players had the Best Preseason?
- Redskins Preseason Week 4 – Jay Gruden Post Game Press Conference
- Washington Redskins 53-Man Roster Projection for 2014
- Native American Redskins Nation Calls for Boycott of Washington Post
- Daniel Snyder: “Redskins Organization has Started the Process of Designing a new Stadium”
- Brandon Meriweather Will Appeal Two-Game Suspension
- Redskins Finish Roster Cut-Down to 75
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 8-25-2014 (VIDEO)
- Brandon Meriweather Suspended two Games
Jawan Jamison is Wearing Chris Cooley’s Number 47
- Updated: May 4, 2013
Redskins rookie camp started on Friday and the first line of business was the task of assigning the new players numbers to wear.
Seventh-round draft pick Jawan Jamison, a runningback from Rutgers, was assigned number 47.
As most already know 47 has been assigned to veteran fan-favorite Chris Cooley since 2004. Cooley was cut last year before the season but then resigned when Fred Davis went down with injury and thus far this year, has not been offered a contract with the Redskins and remains a free agent.
No conclusions can really be drawn when it comes to the numbers that are given out this time of year as they are subject to change.
List of numbers given out:
David Amerson: 39
Jawan Jamison: 47
Brandon Jenkins: 57
Bacarri Rambo: 29
Jordan Reed: 86
Phillip Thomas: 41
Chris Thompson: 35
Incoming search terms:
- redskins number 47 2014