- Washington Redskins 2018 Madden Ratings
- Redskins LB Trent Murphy Will Miss the Entire 2017 Season With Torn ACL/MCL
- Redskins Injury Report: RB Keith Marshall Tore Right Patellar Tendon, Out for Season
- Washington Redskins Sign DB Jeremiah McKinnon, Release DB Lou Young III
- Redskins Training Camp 2017: Recap Day 1 (Videos)
- Washington Redskins Release Linebacker Houston Bates, Sign Tight End E.J. Bibbs
- Jordan Reed one of Four Redskins to Start Training Camp on PUP List
- Washington Redskins DeAngelo Hall, Houston Bates Will Begin Camp on PUP List
- Redskins QB Kirk Cousins Will Play Another Season on the Franchise Tag
- Washington Redskins Showcase Security & Menu Changes at 2017 Taste of FedexField
Jawan Jamison is Wearing Chris Cooley’s Number 47
- Updated: May 4, 2013
Redskins rookie camp started on Friday and the first line of business was the task of assigning the new players numbers to wear.
Seventh-round draft pick Jawan Jamison, a runningback from Rutgers, was assigned number 47.
As most already know 47 has been assigned to veteran fan-favorite Chris Cooley since 2004. Cooley was cut last year before the season but then resigned when Fred Davis went down with injury and thus far this year, has not been offered a contract with the Redskins and remains a free agent.
No conclusions can really be drawn when it comes to the numbers that are given out this time of year as they are subject to change.
List of numbers given out:
David Amerson: 39
Jawan Jamison: 47
Brandon Jenkins: 57
Bacarri Rambo: 29
Jordan Reed: 86
Phillip Thomas: 41
Chris Thompson: 35