- Mike Shanahan’s Press Conference Today was Interesting to say the Least
- Redskins Officially Shutdown RGIII for the Rest of the 2013 Season
- Redskins Promote Jawan Jamison to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Redskins Moving Forward: Who Stays, Who Goes?
- Evan Royster Placed On Injured Reserve
- Redskins Injury Report: Hurt Placed on IR, Reed Still a no go in Practice
- NFL Releases Statement on Redskins vs Giants Ending
- Redskins Promote Chase Minnifield to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Stephen Bowen Placed on Injured Reserve, Will Have Surgery
- Members of the Navajo Code Talkers Association Honored by Redskins
Jawan Jamison is Wearing Chris Cooley’s Number 47
- Updated: May 4, 2013
Redskins rookie camp started on Friday and the first line of business was the task of assigning the new players numbers to wear.
Seventh-round draft pick Jawan Jamison, a runningback from Rutgers, was assigned number 47.
As most already know 47 has been assigned to veteran fan-favorite Chris Cooley since 2004. Cooley was cut last year before the season but then resigned when Fred Davis went down with injury and thus far this year, has not been offered a contract with the Redskins and remains a free agent.
No conclusions can really be drawn when it comes to the numbers that are given out this time of year as they are subject to change.
List of numbers given out:
David Amerson: 39
Jawan Jamison: 47
Brandon Jenkins: 57
Bacarri Rambo: 29
Jordan Reed: 86
Phillip Thomas: 41
Chris Thompson: 35
Incoming search terms:
- jawan jamison redskins
- jawan jamison cut
- Washington Redskins Rookie Free Agents devin stark cut