- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cardinals Week 13
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 12
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Packers Week 11
- Redskins Legend Joe Jacoby Named Semifinalist for Hall of Fame
- Redskins Rookie WR Maurice Harris Ready to Contribute
- Redskins Press Conferences: Kirk Cousins 11-16-2016
- Redskins Sign Dashaun Phillips to Practice Squad; Release Carlos Fields
- Kirk Cousins Most Recent Career Milestone Ranks High in Redskins History
- Redskins Press Conferences: Kirk Cousins 11-13-2016
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Vikings Week 10
Rob Jackson and Jarvis Jenkins Return to Practice
- Updated: October 1, 2013
The Washington Redskins now have the services of defensive end Jarvis Jenkins and linebacker Rob Jackson back after they both finished serving four game suspensions. Both players were on the practice field on Tuesday ready for their return to the playing field next week.
“Today I didn’t feel rusty at all,” Jackson said, “It was pretty simple. We ran the base plays. So I just reacted and I felt like I didn’t miss a beat today.”
Jackson was suspended for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. Under the terms of that policy, he was able to be at the team’s training facility during his suspension. That wasn’t the case for Jenkins, who was suspended for a violation of the sport’s policy on banned performance-enhancing substances. Jenkins had to be stay away from the team and avoid contact with coaches.
“I really didn’t feel disconnected,” Jenkins said. “Even though I wasn’t here, my fellow defensive linemen still texted me. I was still texting a lot of guys. …I was a little out of the loop because I wasn’t there. But the communication was still there.”
“They both look like they’re in good shape,” defensive coordinator Jim Haslett said of Jenkins and Jackson.
Even though the Redskins were granted two roster spot exemptions to cover Jenkins and Jackson they still released place-kicker John Potter and defensive end Phillip Merling.
Today’s practice will be the last one until next Monday as the players have off until then.