- Redskins Press Conference: Kirk Cousins 7-28-2016
- Redskins Press Conference: Jay Gruden 7-27-2016
- 2016 Roster Breakdown: Redskins Offensive Line
- First Annual Capital Beer Classic at FedExField on July 30th
- 2016 Redskins are Ready to Prove Naysayers Wrong
- Redskins Hire First Female Head Physician in NFL History
- Redskins Sign Last Draft Pick CB Kendall Fuller; Sign WR Jarvis Turner
- Redskins Release Training Camp Schedule; Will Begin July 28, 2016
- Redskins Rookie WR Josh Doctson Q & A Interview (VIDEO)
- Jordan Reed Named Number 77, “NFL Top 100 of 2016” (VIDEO)
Rob Jackson and Jarvis Jenkins Return to Practice
- Updated: October 1, 2013
The Washington Redskins now have the services of defensive end Jarvis Jenkins and linebacker Rob Jackson back after they both finished serving four game suspensions. Both players were on the practice field on Tuesday ready for their return to the playing field next week.
“Today I didn’t feel rusty at all,” Jackson said, “It was pretty simple. We ran the base plays. So I just reacted and I felt like I didn’t miss a beat today.”
Jackson was suspended for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. Under the terms of that policy, he was able to be at the team’s training facility during his suspension. That wasn’t the case for Jenkins, who was suspended for a violation of the sport’s policy on banned performance-enhancing substances. Jenkins had to be stay away from the team and avoid contact with coaches.
“I really didn’t feel disconnected,” Jenkins said. “Even though I wasn’t here, my fellow defensive linemen still texted me. I was still texting a lot of guys. …I was a little out of the loop because I wasn’t there. But the communication was still there.”
“They both look like they’re in good shape,” defensive coordinator Jim Haslett said of Jenkins and Jackson.
Even though the Redskins were granted two roster spot exemptions to cover Jenkins and Jackson they still released place-kicker John Potter and defensive end Phillip Merling.
Today’s practice will be the last one until next Monday as the players have off until then.