- With Perry Riley not Signed The Redskins have 2 Glaring Holes at ILB
- Redskins Cut 5 Players Including Adam Carriker and Sav Rocca
- Redskins use Franchise tag on Brian Orakpo
- Trial Date Set for Other Suspect in Death of Sean Taylor
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 2014 NFL Combine
- Redskins re-sign DeAngelo Hall to Four-Year Deal
- Redskins Mock Draft: 2014 (1st Edition)
- Eric Rivera Sentenced to 57 Years in Prison for Killing Sean Taylor
- Redskins Coaching Staff Taking Shape
- Alfred Morris is Going to the Pro Bowl
Redskins Name Mike McDaniel Wide Receivers Coach
- Updated: February 23, 2013
The Washington Redskins announced today that they have named Mike McDaniel as Wide Receivers Coach.
McDaniel, 29, served as the Redskins’ offensive assistant for the past two seasons. In 2012, he was instrumental in helping the offense accumulate 6,000 net yards of total offense for only the third time in franchise history. The Redskins led the league in yards per pass attempt (8.29) and were second in the NFL in average yards after catch (6.1). The Redskins also had seven receiving touchdowns of 50 yards or more.
Prior to joining the Redskins, McDaniel was a member of the Houston Texans staff during the 2006-08 seasons. During that time, the Texans ranked third in the AFC in passing yards and had nine players record at least 500 receiving yards in a season. McDaniel worked closely with Pro Bowl wide receiver Andre Johnson, who led the league in receptions (115) and receiving yards (1,575) in 2008.
“Mike has a proven track record from his time in Houston and his time here in Washington,” Executive Vice President/Head Coach Mike Shanahan said. “I look forward to having him lead our receivers.”
McDaniel began his NFL coaching career by completing coaching internships with the Houston Texans and Denver Broncos. From 2009-10, McDaniel coached the running backs for the Sacramento Mountain Lions (originally named the California Redwoods). Mountain Lions running back Cory Ross was named the 2010 UFL Offensive Player of the Year.
McDaniel played collegiately at Yale from 2001-04, as a wide receiver. Born on March 6, 1983, he is a native of Greeley, Colo.
Incoming search terms:
- redskins names coach