- Redskins sign 11 players to Reserve/Future contracts
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 17
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cardinals Week 15
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Chargers Week 14
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 13
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Saints Week 11
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Vikings Week 10
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Seahawks Week 9
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 8
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 7
Nick Barnett Signs one Year Deal With Redskins
- Updated: July 31, 2013
The Washington Redskins were able to fill a hole that was created when second year inside linebacker Keenan Robinson went done with a shoulder injury last week. Former Packer/Bills starting inside linebacker Nick Barnett was reportedly signed on Wednesday.
Barnett reportedly “fell in love” with the team’s coaching staff and also was eager to play with Redskins veteran linebacker London Fletcher.
Barnett, worked out for team officials Tuesday at the Redskins’ training camp facility. He spoke to defensive coordinator Jim Haslett briefly before the Redskins afternoon practice Tuesday and met with the team’s coaches later in the day.
“Hopefully I’ll be here tomorrow, too,” Barnett said.
Head Coach Mike Shanahan said during his press conference Tuesday that he’d heard that Barnett had “a pretty good workout,” but he didn’t know whether the veteran linebacker would be signed or not.
Barnett was released by the Bills in February after failing a physical, which he said happened because he underwent surgery on his right knee shortly after the season ended. The procedure was designed to alleviate pain that has lingered in the knee since he tore the ACL in 2009.
The Redskins had brought in former Denver Bronco starter Joe Mays for a workout last weekend, but he ended up signing with the Houston Texans.
Barnett, 32, has started each of the 139 games that he has played in his NFL career, including all 16 for Buffalo last season, in which he was credited with 112 tackle. He has 725 total tackles with 304 assisted (1029 total tackles), 20.5 sacks, 6 forced fumbles and 7 recovered fumbles, 12 interceptions and two touchdowns in his career. Barnett was a first-round pick by the Packers in the 2003 NFL draft.
Barnett tweeted this Wednesday night:
— NickBarnett (@NickBarnett) August 1, 2013