- Daily Recap: Supreme Court Hears Case Similar to Redskins Trademark; Could Leonard Fournette Slip to the ‘Skins at 17?
- 3 of 4 Redskins Selected to Pro Bowl Will Not Attend
- Daily Recap: Redskins Not Locked Into 3-4 Scheme In Coaching Search; Ultimate Fan Letter Pushes for Jacoby Enshrinement
- Ryan Kerrigan & Trent Williams Named To All-NFC Team By PFWA
- Daily Recap: Redskins Scouting Departments Well Represented at First Shrine Practice; New Names Added To Defensive Coach Search
- Redskins Will Look At In-House Options to Replace Sean McVay
- Proposal for RFK Stadium Campus Includes Possible new Redskins Stadium
- DeAngelo Hall Wants One Last Chance With Redskins, Will Take Paycut
- Redskins Will Face Several Key Free Agent Decisions This Offseason
- Kyshoen Jarrett Speaks Out On His Journey a Year After Being Injured
No Ligament Damage for Kirk Cousins
- Updated: August 20, 2013
Washington Redskins fans can breathe a sigh of relief as backup quarterback Kirk Cousins got the results of his MRI on Tuesday. According to Alex Marvez of FOX Sports, Cousins had no ligament damage and should return to action soon.
Cousins told reporters last night he didn’t feel as if the injury was significant but wanted to wait for the MRI to be sure.
Cousins was hurt when he scrambled for a first down in the Redskins second preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers last night. Lawrence Timmons brought Cousins down to the ground after a long run, on his foot in an awkward position. Kirk at first jumped back up, but after a moment sat back down on the field and had to be helped off.
Many were worried about Cousins status since he is the insurance policy the Redskins have in place to backup superstar quarterback Robert Griffin III this season.
Mike Shanahan said after the game that it was a mid-foot sprain and that x-rays revealed no break, though he was noncommittal on Cousins’ status for the remaining two preseason games, including the next Saturday against the Bills at home. Cousins wore a walking boot on the right foot while addressing reporters in the locker room after the game, but he said he believed it would be more of the day-to-day type of injury.
Click here for the best deals on the internet on Washington Redskins tickets.