- Washington Redskins DeAngelo Hall, Houston Bates Will Begin Camp on PUP List
- Redskins QB Kirk Cousins Will Play Another Season on the Franchise Tag
- Washington Redskins Showcase Security & Menu Changes at 2017 Taste of FedexField
- Redskins WR Terrelle Pryor is Working Like a Mad-Man This Offseason (Video)
- DeAngelo Hall Agrees to Restructure Contract With Washington Redskins
- Washington Redskins Training Camp Will Start on July 27
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Safety Josh Harvey-Clemons at Pick 230
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects WR Robert Davis at Pick 209
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Center Chase Roullier at Pick 199
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects TE Jeremy Sprinkle at Pick 154
No Ligament Damage for Kirk Cousins
- Updated: August 20, 2013
Washington Redskins fans can breathe a sigh of relief as backup quarterback Kirk Cousins got the results of his MRI on Tuesday. According to Alex Marvez of FOX Sports, Cousins had no ligament damage and should return to action soon.
Cousins told reporters last night he didn’t feel as if the injury was significant but wanted to wait for the MRI to be sure.
Cousins was hurt when he scrambled for a first down in the Redskins second preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers last night. Lawrence Timmons brought Cousins down to the ground after a long run, on his foot in an awkward position. Kirk at first jumped back up, but after a moment sat back down on the field and had to be helped off.
Many were worried about Cousins status since he is the insurance policy the Redskins have in place to backup superstar quarterback Robert Griffin III this season.
Mike Shanahan said after the game that it was a mid-foot sprain and that x-rays revealed no break, though he was noncommittal on Cousins’ status for the remaining two preseason games, including the next Saturday against the Bills at home. Cousins wore a walking boot on the right foot while addressing reporters in the locker room after the game, but he said he believed it would be more of the day-to-day type of injury.
Click here for the best deals on the internet on Washington Redskins tickets.