- Redskins Sign Former Colts Linebacker Chris Carter
- Redskins Clear cap Space by Releasing Ricky Jean Francois
- Terrelle Pryor is Focused on Opportunity to Prove Himself With Redskins
- Redskins Officially Hire New Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray
- Daily Recap: Redskins D-Line Needs Mesh Well With Strength of the Upcoming Draft; Montravius Adams To The Redskins at 17?
- Daily Recap: Only 2 Teams got Fewer Snaps From Their Rookies in 2016; Is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham a Possibility at 17?
- Virginia Governor Claims New Redskins Stadium Can Be Built Without Taxpayer Dollars
- Redskins Injury Report: Gruden Gives Update on Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed and Su’a Cravens
- Daily Recap: Matt Cavanaugh Says “Don’t Expect Much to Change on Offense”; Could Ohio St Safety Malik Hooker Fall to Redskins?
- Redskins Announce Coaching Staff Changes
No Ligament Damage for Kirk Cousins
- Updated: August 20, 2013
Washington Redskins fans can breathe a sigh of relief as backup quarterback Kirk Cousins got the results of his MRI on Tuesday. According to Alex Marvez of FOX Sports, Cousins had no ligament damage and should return to action soon.
Cousins told reporters last night he didn’t feel as if the injury was significant but wanted to wait for the MRI to be sure.
Cousins was hurt when he scrambled for a first down in the Redskins second preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers last night. Lawrence Timmons brought Cousins down to the ground after a long run, on his foot in an awkward position. Kirk at first jumped back up, but after a moment sat back down on the field and had to be helped off.
Many were worried about Cousins status since he is the insurance policy the Redskins have in place to backup superstar quarterback Robert Griffin III this season.
Mike Shanahan said after the game that it was a mid-foot sprain and that x-rays revealed no break, though he was noncommittal on Cousins’ status for the remaining two preseason games, including the next Saturday against the Bills at home. Cousins wore a walking boot on the right foot while addressing reporters in the locker room after the game, but he said he believed it would be more of the day-to-day type of injury.
Click here for the best deals on the internet on Washington Redskins tickets.