- Redskins Cut 5 Players Including Adam Carriker and Sav Rocca
- Redskins use Franchise tag on Brian Orakpo
- Trial Date Set for Other Suspect in Death of Sean Taylor
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 2014 NFL Combine
- Redskins re-sign DeAngelo Hall to Four-Year Deal
- Redskins Mock Draft: 2014 (1st Edition)
- Eric Rivera Sentenced to 57 Years in Prison for Killing Sean Taylor
- Redskins Coaching Staff Taking Shape
- Alfred Morris is Going to the Pro Bowl
- Redskins Video: Pierre Garcon 2013 Highlights
Pierre Garcon Fully Cleared to Practice After Finishing Shoulder Rehab
- Updated: July 18, 2013
Wide receiver Pierre Garcon received full clearance to practice when the Washington Redskins report to Richmond for training camp next week, according to Mike Jones of the Washington Post.
Garcon had surgery to repair the labrum in his right shoulder during the offseason. His checkup with Dr. James Andrews earlier this week resulted in a clean bill of health.
Garcon missed all of Washington’s offseason OTA practices while recovering, but he did work on the side catching passes from quarterback Robert Griffin III.
During OTA’s Garcon seemed highly confident he would be ready for training camp in Richmond.
The shoulder is good,” Garcon said in June. “There shouldn’t be any worries for me for the season coming up. So it should be good to go.”
After signing as a free agent last offseason, Garcon led the team with 633 receiving yards and four touchdowns in 10 games (the Redskins were 9-1 in those games). He missed time because of torn ligaments in the second toe of his right foot, but played through the pain and finished off the second half of the season on a strong note.
Garcon decided against having surgery on the toe because his doctors would not guarantee that the surgery would correct the issue. He is expected to wear a one-of-a-kind custom-made shoe this year to help in the process.