- Redskins Hire First Female Head Physician in NFL History
- Redskins Sign Last Draft Pick CB Kendall Fuller; Sign WR Jarvis Turner
- Redskins Release Training Camp Schedule; Will Begin July 28, 2016
- Redskins Rookie WR Josh Doctson Q & A Interview (VIDEO)
- Jordan Reed Named Number 77, “NFL Top 100 of 2016” (VIDEO)
- Redskins Sign six of Seven Draft Picks
- Redskins Weekly News Roundup 5-10-2016
- Welcome to DC – 2016 Redskins Draft Class (VIDEO)
- Redskins Select LB/Safety Su’a Cravens with 53rd Pick
- Redskins Select WR Josh Doctson with the 22nd Pick
Pierre Garcon Fully Cleared to Practice After Finishing Shoulder Rehab
- Updated: July 18, 2013
Wide receiver Pierre Garcon received full clearance to practice when the Washington Redskins report to Richmond for training camp next week, according to Mike Jones of the Washington Post.
Garcon had surgery to repair the labrum in his right shoulder during the offseason. His checkup with Dr. James Andrews earlier this week resulted in a clean bill of health.
Garcon missed all of Washington’s offseason OTA practices while recovering, but he did work on the side catching passes from quarterback Robert Griffin III.
During OTA’s Garcon seemed highly confident he would be ready for training camp in Richmond.
The shoulder is good,” Garcon said in June. “There shouldn’t be any worries for me for the season coming up. So it should be good to go.”
After signing as a free agent last offseason, Garcon led the team with 633 receiving yards and four touchdowns in 10 games (the Redskins were 9-1 in those games). He missed time because of torn ligaments in the second toe of his right foot, but played through the pain and finished off the second half of the season on a strong note.
Garcon decided against having surgery on the toe because his doctors would not guarantee that the surgery would correct the issue. He is expected to wear a one-of-a-kind custom-made shoe this year to help in the process.