- Redskins Free Agency: Rumors and Reports From the Day Before
- Washington Redskins Free Agency Preview (2014)
- With Perry Riley not Signed The Redskins have 2 Glaring Holes at ILB
- Redskins Cut 5 Players Including Adam Carriker and Sav Rocca
- Redskins use Franchise tag on Brian Orakpo
- Trial Date Set for Other Suspect in Death of Sean Taylor
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 2014 NFL Combine
- Redskins re-sign DeAngelo Hall to Four-Year Deal
- Redskins Mock Draft: 2014 (1st Edition)
- Eric Rivera Sentenced to 57 Years in Prison for Killing Sean Taylor
Pierre Garcon: “We Have the Potential to be the Best Offense Ever”
- Updated: July 26, 2013
Pierre Garcon thinks the Washington Redskins offense will find itself on a level never seen before in the NFL.
In addition to Robert Griffin III, Garcon and tight end Fred Davis are returning from injuries. Garcon was limited to 10 games last season (Redskins went 9-1 in those games) with a toe injury while Davis is making his way back after suffering a torn Achilles tendon in Week 7 that ended his season.
“We have the potential to be the best offense ever, really,” Garcon told reporters Thursday. “We can be the top offense in the league. We have a lot of great players at every position. We have a great offensive line, great tight ends, great receivers, running backs and quarterback.”
“It definitely helps having a lot of weapons out there on offense,” Garcon said. “With Fred back, he’s like another receiver and he does a great job blocking — does a great job of whenever he gets the ball, being able to score from anywhere on the field.”
Garcon believes another year with RG3 will amplify things.
“He throws the ball, and I just go get it wherever he puts it,” Garcon said. “We continue to be on the same page. We understand the playbook a little better now.
“Our chemistry will be better than ever. Whenever Robert gets back out there, whenever he can throw with the team, we’re going to continue to grow.”