- Dexter Manley to be Featured on NFL Network’s “A Football Life”
- David Amerson Working Hard to Improve After Sophomore Slump
- Charles Mann Receives College Degree
- Redskins License Plate Collection
- Final Person Sentenced in Sean Taylor Murder Trial
- Redskins Will Have Ticket Lottery for Texans Training Camp Visit
- Robert Griffin III Focused on Continuing his Growth as a QB
- Redskins Minicamp Recap – Day 1
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 6-16-2015
- Will Duke Ihenacho or Jeron Johnson Start at Strong Safety?
Quick Look at the Redskins Initial 53-Man Roster (2013)
- Updated: August 31, 2013
The Redskins started the day needing to get from 75 players to 53 players. Along the way they decided to keep 4 quarterbacks, which came as a surprise to everyone, and also decided to cut Chase Minnifield and Dejon Gomes. It should also be said that after Jarvis Jenkins and Rob Jackson serve their 4 game suspensions the Redskins will have to make room on the roster for them as well.
It’s possible that the team will watch the waiver wire in the next 24 hours and sign some otehr players and perhaps release some as well…there is also the possibility that the Redskins are looking for a team to trade Pat White to. Below is a quick look of the players we made the 53 man list.
Quarterback (4): Robert Griffin III, Kirk Cousins, Rex Grossman, Pat White.
Running back (4): Alfred Morris, Roy Helu Jr., Evan Royster, Chris Thompson
Fullback (1): Darrel Young
Tight end (4): Fred Davis, Logan Paulsen, Niles Paul, Jordan Reed
Wide receiver (5): Pierre Garcon, Josh Morgan, Leonard Hankerson, Santana Moss, Aldrick Robinson
Offensive line (8): LT Trent Williams, LG Kory Lichtensteiger, C Will Montgomery, RG Chris Chester, RT Tyler Polumbus, T Tom Compton, G Josh LeRibeus, G Adam Gettis
Defensive line (6): DE Kedric Golston, NT Barry Cofield, DE Stephen Bowen, DE Chris Baker, NT Chris Neild, DE Phillip Merling
Outside linebacker (4): Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, Darryl Tapp, Brandon Jenkins
Inside linebacker (4): London Fletcher, Perry Riley, Nick Barnett, Bryan Kehl
Cornerback (5): DeAngelo Hall, Josh Wilson, David Amerson, E.J. Biggers, Jerome Murphy
Safety (5): SS Brandon Meriweather, FS Bacarri Rambo, SS Reed Doughty, SS-FS Jordan Pugh, FS Jose Gumbs
Special teams (3): PK Kai Forbath, P Sav Rocca, LS Nick Sundberg