- Who Will Start at Safety Opposite of Landon Collins? | Redskins Training Camp Questions 2019
- Who Will Start at Left Guard? | Redskins Training Camp Questions 2019
- Rated R Radio: Episode 8 – Current State of The Redskins: Post-Case Keenum Trade (PODCAST)
- Rated R Radio: Episode 7 – Josh Rosen Trade Rumors at the Combine?; DK Metcalf is a BEAST!
- Rated R Radio: Episode 6 – AAF, Stadiums and Redskins Free Agency? Oh My…
- Rated R Radio: Episode 5 – 100% Doom & Gloom Free Redskins Talk
Redskins Injury Report: RB Keith Marshall Tore Right Patellar Tendon, Out for Season
- Updated: July 30, 2017
The Washington Redskins had the day off Saturday after the team spent the last three days grinding it out at Redskins Training Camp in Richmond, Virginia. As the team takes a day to rest reports have now come out that state second-year running back Keith Marshall tore his right patellar tendon and will miss the entire 2017 season. During 11-on-11’s Saturday Marshall grabbed his right knee as he went down, and had to be carted off the field.
Redskins running back Keith Marshall tore his right patella tendon and will miss the season, per source…. https://t.co/hB84jousBk
— John Keim (@john_keim) July 30, 2017
For Marshall, it’s extremely disappointing considering this is the same outcome he faced just last season when he injured his elbow. Marshall, 23, also injured his right ACL while playing for the University of Georgia just a few short years ago and some feel like he was just getting back to where he was before that injury in college. Redskins head coach Jay Gruden was just talking Marshall up moments before he took the field Saturday at his press conference.
“You know, all throughout the OTA process and mandatory camp, there’s been some guys, like Keith Marshall’s flashed a little bit from his injury, coming back,” said Gruden. “I think people are sleeping on him a little bit.”
Marshall was competing for a backup spot in an already crowded backfield behind Robert Kelley, Samaje Perine, Chris Thompson, Mack Brown, and Matt Jones.
With Marshall done for the year, the Redskins have an empty roster spot and will bring in undrafted Miami Hurricane running back Joe Yearby for a workout on Monday.
With Keith Marshall done, #Redskins will bring in undrafted Miami Hurricane RB Joe Yearby for workout on Monday, per source
— JP Finlay (@JPFinlayCSN) July 30, 2017
- Bashaud Breeland: had muscle cramps, left practice
- Jamison Crowder: tight hamstring, held out of practice Saturday
- Anthony Lanier: knee inflammation, is day-to-day
- Maurice Harris: knee strain, is day-to-day (3-4 days per Gruden)
- Derek Carrier: ankle strain (day or two)
[Featured Photo by Redskins.com]