- Redskins guard Arie Kouandjio will miss 2018 season after surgery
- Redskins re-sign Shawn Lauvao, still have long-term questions at LG
- Redskins re-sign defensive lineman Phil Taylor
- Redskins sign linebacker Pernell McPhee
- Redskins sign cornerback Orlando Scandrick
- Washington Redskins sign wide receiver Paul Richardson
Redskins Begin Roster Cutdown to 53
- Updated: August 29, 2014
The Washington Redskins started the process of trimming the roster down from 75 players to 53, a process they need to have finished by Saturday at 4:00 pm.
The Redskins will likely keep defensive end Stephen Bowen and Wide Receiver Leonard Hankerson on the PUP list heading into the season, which means they won’t count against the roster in terms of the final 53 count.
The following players were released on Friday:
- TE Ted Bolser
- CB Richard Crawford
- S Da’ Mon Cromartie-Smith
- WR Lee Doss
- OL Kevin Kowalski
- P Robert Malone
- C Tevita Stevens
- NT Robert Thomas.
If the Redskins do intend on putting Bowen and Hankerson on the physically unable to perform list it would mean they would still have 12 more players to cut.
Cutting punter Robert Malone means the Redskins are going to either enter the 2014 season with Tress Way as the teams punter or will look to sign someone else off the waiver wire. Way was claimed off of waivers last week.
Richard Crawford is coming off of knee surgery and is a good candidate for the practice squad along with Bolser
We will update this post as more cuts come in and the Redskins finalize the 2014-15 roster.
The team cut the following players on Saturday:
- RB Chris Thompson
- RB Lache Seastrunk
- RB Evan Royster
- ILB Darryl Sharpton (IR with designation to return)
- S Phillip Thomas
- CB Chase Minnifield
- LB Everette Brown
- K Zach Hocker
- WR Nick Williams