- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Falcons Week 5
- Redskins Could Play London Game in 2016
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 4
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 3
- Redskins Release CB David Amerson
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Rams Week 2
- 2016 Hall of Fame Nominee List Contains 16 Former Redskins Players
- Redskins Injury Report 9-16-2015
- Redskins Place Duke Ihenacho on Injured Reserve, Sign Will Blackmon
- Redskins Film Review: Sacks From Week One
Redskins Begin Roster Cutdown to 53
- Updated: August 29, 2014
The Washington Redskins started the process of trimming the roster down from 75 players to 53, a process they need to have finished by Saturday at 4:00 pm.
The Redskins will likely keep defensive end Stephen Bowen and Wide Receiver Leonard Hankerson on the PUP list heading into the season, which means they won’t count against the roster in terms of the final 53 count.
The following players were released on Friday:
- TE Ted Bolser
- CB Richard Crawford
- S Da’ Mon Cromartie-Smith
- WR Lee Doss
- OL Kevin Kowalski
- P Robert Malone
- C Tevita Stevens
- NT Robert Thomas.
If the Redskins do intend on putting Bowen and Hankerson on the physically unable to perform list it would mean they would still have 12 more players to cut.
Cutting punter Robert Malone means the Redskins are going to either enter the 2014 season with Tress Way as the teams punter or will look to sign someone else off the waiver wire. Way was claimed off of waivers last week.
Richard Crawford is coming off of knee surgery and is a good candidate for the practice squad along with Bolser
We will update this post as more cuts come in and the Redskins finalize the 2014-15 roster.
The team cut the following players on Saturday:
- RB Chris Thompson
- RB Lache Seastrunk
- RB Evan Royster
- ILB Darryl Sharpton (IR with designation to return)
- S Phillip Thomas
- CB Chase Minnifield
- LB Everette Brown
- K Zach Hocker
- WR Nick Williams