- Brandon Scherff Selected to PFWA 2015 All-Rookie Team
- Important Redskins Offseason Dates
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Packers Wild Card Weekend
- Joe Jacoby Named Pro Football Hall Of Fame Finalist
- Redskins 2016 Opponents List
- Redskins Will Host Green Bay in First Round of Playoffs
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 17
- Against All Odds, Redskins Are 2015 NFC East Division Champions
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 16
- Redskins Can Clinch the NFC East With Win Next Week In Philly
Redskins Begin Roster Cutdown to 53
- Updated: August 29, 2014
The Washington Redskins started the process of trimming the roster down from 75 players to 53, a process they need to have finished by Saturday at 4:00 pm.
The Redskins will likely keep defensive end Stephen Bowen and Wide Receiver Leonard Hankerson on the PUP list heading into the season, which means they won’t count against the roster in terms of the final 53 count.
The following players were released on Friday:
- TE Ted Bolser
- CB Richard Crawford
- S Da’ Mon Cromartie-Smith
- WR Lee Doss
- OL Kevin Kowalski
- P Robert Malone
- C Tevita Stevens
- NT Robert Thomas.
If the Redskins do intend on putting Bowen and Hankerson on the physically unable to perform list it would mean they would still have 12 more players to cut.
Cutting punter Robert Malone means the Redskins are going to either enter the 2014 season with Tress Way as the teams punter or will look to sign someone else off the waiver wire. Way was claimed off of waivers last week.
Richard Crawford is coming off of knee surgery and is a good candidate for the practice squad along with Bolser
We will update this post as more cuts come in and the Redskins finalize the 2014-15 roster.
The team cut the following players on Saturday:
- RB Chris Thompson
- RB Lache Seastrunk
- RB Evan Royster
- ILB Darryl Sharpton (IR with designation to return)
- S Phillip Thomas
- CB Chase Minnifield
- LB Everette Brown
- K Zach Hocker
- WR Nick Williams