- Redskins Sign Chase Minnifield to Active Roster, Place Tracy Porter on Injured Reserve
- What Does the Future Look Like for the Washington Redskins?
- There is Plenty of Blame to go Around With the 2014 Redskins
- Redskins Inactive List for Week 12; Trent Williams & David Amerson Will not Play
- Chris Paul’s Redskins Remix Week 12: “Burgundy-N-Gold”
- Redskins Injury Report Week 12
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs 49ers Week 12
- Jay Gruden Press Conference 11-19-2014
- Joe Jacoby Named Semifinalist for the 2015 Hall of Fame Class
- Redskins Injury Report 11-18-2014
Redskins Cut 5 Players Including Adam Carriker and Sav Rocca
- Updated: March 4, 2014
Redskins Cut 5 Players
One day after the Washington Redskins placed the franchise tag on Brian Orakpo the team cut ties with five players. The five players are defensive end Adam Carriker, punter Sav Rocca, runningback’s Jawan Jamison and Davin Meggett, and tight end Robert Quinn. Adam Carriker was set to make nearly $6.5 million dollars next season despite not playing since week 2 of the 2012 season, following several setbacks and surgeries. Just last week Carriker spoke out saying he was optimistic on his return to the Redskins this season.
Redskins released DE Adam Carriker with a “Failed Physical” designation — Brian McIntyre (@brian_mcintyre) March 4, 2014
The Redskins will clear $4.8 million in cap by releasing the five players but after figuring the amount it will cost to fill the roster spots now vacant, they will save around $3.3 million.
It should not surprise anyone that Sav Rocca is being released, it surprised me more last off-season when he was re-signed. As I’ve said in the past, 40+ years old and his numbers are near the bottom of the league (ranked 30th in average (42.0) and 33rd in net (33.8) last season) not to mention the half dozen or so shanked kicks over the last couple of years…time to move in a different direction. Sav leaves but one truly great highlight as he will forever be remembered for this play: