- Ten Most Important Washington Redskins of 2014
- Forbes ‘Value List’ Ranks the Redskins 9th Most Valuable in the World
- Five Bold Predictions for the 2014 Washington Redskins
- Ryan Kerrigan: I Want to be Consistently Really, Really Good”
- Tanard Jackson Suspended Indefinitely…Again
- Sean McVay on RGIII: “He Looks Explosive”
- Around the NFC East: Media Links Roundup
- Just What Does DeSean Jackson Bring to the Redskins Offense?
- The Washington Redskins and a Manufactured Fight Over Honor and Racism
- Northern Va Lawmakers Form Redskins Pride Caucus
Redskins Draft Kicker Zach Hocker With the 228th Pick (2014 NFL Draft)
- Updated: May 10, 2014
Redskins Draft Kicker Zach Hocker
The Washington Redskins decided to use their last pick in the 2014 NFL Draft (228th overall) on Arkansas kicker Zach Hocker. Hocker (6-0, 189 lbs) hit on 61 of his 79 attempts in four years and was 171 of 173 on extra points.
The biggest thing Hocker may bring to the table is his kickoff ability as he kicked off 50 times for a 63.2-yard average with 34 touchbacks in 2013. Kickoffs are something that current Redskins starting kicker Kai Forbath has struggled with in his two years in DC. At the very least Hocker will be able to push Forbath in camp, something I believe he could have benefited from a year ago. It should be said that Hocker also had some punting duties while in college as well.
Derek Stephens from cbssports had this to say about Hocker: Hocker has a strong, accurate leg, converting 13 of 15 on field goals as a Senior, with a long of 54 yards, and converted 28 of 28 extra points.
Here is a little bit on Hocker:
Incoming search terms:
- 228th pick if the 2014 draft
- zach hocker nfl draft
- zach hocker redskins video
- zach hocker waskington redskins video
- zack hocker nfl camp