- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Lions Week 7
- Week 6 Observations Redskins vs Eagles
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 6
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Ravens Week 5
- VIDEO: Redskins CB Josh Norman E60 Feature (FULL)
- Redskins Press Conferences: Sean McVay 10-7-2016
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Browns Week 4
- Jay Gruden Says He Doesn’t Know What a Catch is Anymore
- Redskins Enter Matchup With Browns Needing to Find Consistency
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 3
Redskins Draft Kicker Zach Hocker With the 228th Pick (2014 NFL Draft)
- Updated: May 10, 2014
Redskins Draft Kicker Zach Hocker
The Washington Redskins decided to use their last pick in the 2014 NFL Draft (228th overall) on Arkansas kicker Zach Hocker. Hocker (6-0, 189 lbs) hit on 61 of his 79 attempts in four years and was 171 of 173 on extra points.
The biggest thing Hocker may bring to the table is his kickoff ability as he kicked off 50 times for a 63.2-yard average with 34 touchbacks in 2013. Kickoffs are something that current Redskins starting kicker Kai Forbath has struggled with in his two years in DC. At the very least Hocker will be able to push Forbath in camp, something I believe he could have benefited from a year ago. It should be said that Hocker also had some punting duties while in college as well.
Derek Stephens from cbssports had this to say about Hocker: Hocker has a strong, accurate leg, converting 13 of 15 on field goals as a Senior, with a long of 54 yards, and converted 28 of 28 extra points.
Here is a little bit on Hocker: