- Interview With New Redskins Defensive Coordinator Joe Barry (VIDEO)
- State of the Redskins Roster: Who Stays, Who Goes?
- Washington Redskins Free Agents 2015
- Redskins, Jim Haslett Mutually Agree to Part Ways
- Redskins Opponents Set for 2015
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 17
- Redskins Place Trent Murphy on IR, Sign OL Rishaw Johnson
- Redskins Inactive List for Week 16
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 16
- Redskins Press Conferences: Robert Griffin III 12-16-2014
Redskins Draft Kicker Zach Hocker With the 228th Pick (2014 NFL Draft)
- Updated: May 10, 2014
Redskins Draft Kicker Zach Hocker
The Washington Redskins decided to use their last pick in the 2014 NFL Draft (228th overall) on Arkansas kicker Zach Hocker. Hocker (6-0, 189 lbs) hit on 61 of his 79 attempts in four years and was 171 of 173 on extra points.
The biggest thing Hocker may bring to the table is his kickoff ability as he kicked off 50 times for a 63.2-yard average with 34 touchbacks in 2013. Kickoffs are something that current Redskins starting kicker Kai Forbath has struggled with in his two years in DC. At the very least Hocker will be able to push Forbath in camp, something I believe he could have benefited from a year ago. It should be said that Hocker also had some punting duties while in college as well.
Derek Stephens from cbssports had this to say about Hocker: Hocker has a strong, accurate leg, converting 13 of 15 on field goals as a Senior, with a long of 54 yards, and converted 28 of 28 extra points.
Here is a little bit on Hocker:
Incoming search terms:
- zack hocker madrio
- did zach hocker make the redskins
- zach hocker