- Redskins Will Play London Game in 2016
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Panthers Week 11
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Saints Week 10
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Bucs Week 7
- Jay Gruden Press Conference 10-16-2015
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Jets Week 6
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Falcons Week 5
- Redskins Could Play London Game in 2016
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 4
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 3
Redskins Draft RB Lache Seastrunk With the 186th Pick (2014 NFL Draft)
- Updated: May 10, 2014
Redskins Draft RB Lache Seastrunk
The Washington Redskins decided to trade their 6th round pick (number 178) to the Tennessee Titans in exchange for 186th pick (6th round) and 228th pick (7th round). With the 186th pick the Redskins drafted Baylor running back Lache (pronounced “Lake”) Seastrunk.
Seastrunk (5-10, 201 lbs), was projected in the fourth round (value pick) and has really good speed (4.46-second 40-yard dash) and “make you miss” play-making ability. In two years at Baylor he had 2189 rushing yards on 289 carries, 7.6 yards a carry, and 18 touchdowns. He could in fact be a good change of pace back for the Redskins to give Alfred Morris a breather every so often. The Redskins now have a somewhat crowded backfield with Evan Royster, Roy Helu Jr, Chris Thompson, Seastrunk and of course Morris.
“I really feel like I can catch the ball very, very well,” Seastrunk said. “I feel like I proved that at the combine and at my pro day. I just feel like given the opportunity and being utilized, I will do everything in my power to make us a better organization.”
Derek Stephens of cbssports had this to say about Seastrunk: Seastrunk´s make-you-miss ability in space, and top-end speed make him a nice value grab for the ´Skins here in the 6th. Should complement Morris´s one-cut running style nicely with a more elusive, change-of-pace approach.
Below is some film on Seastrunk: