- Interview With New Redskins Defensive Coordinator Joe Barry (VIDEO)
- State of the Redskins Roster: Who Stays, Who Goes?
- Washington Redskins Free Agents 2015
- Redskins, Jim Haslett Mutually Agree to Part Ways
- Redskins Opponents Set for 2015
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 17
- Redskins Place Trent Murphy on IR, Sign OL Rishaw Johnson
- Redskins Inactive List for Week 16
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 16
- Redskins Press Conferences: Robert Griffin III 12-16-2014
Redskins Have Four Players Starting Camp on the PUP List Including Jason Hatcher
- Updated: July 23, 2014
Redskins Have Four Players Starting Camp on the PUP List
The Washington Redskins will open training camp on Thursday with four players on the PUP list (physically unable to perform). Those four players, Leonard Hankerson (ACL/LCL), Stephen Bowen (knee), Jason Hatcher (knee) and Maurice Hurt (showed up to camp out of shape) will count as part of the team, but will not be able to practice with the team until they are medically cleared.
Hankerson tore the ACL and LCL in his left knee in the Redskins loss at Philadelphia on November 17th. It was all but expected that he would not be ready for the start of camp.
Hatcher had arthroscopic knee surgery on June 20th, he was told to expect a four- to six-week recovery time. That recovery time is in week 5 now but Hatcher continues to say his rehab is coming along great. Jay Gruden played down the severity of Hatcher’s injuries.
“He’s being monitored closely by Larry [Hess], our trainer, and as soon as they see fit, he’ll be ready to go.”
Bowen is still recovering after undergoing micro-fracture surgery to repair the cartilage in his right knee in December. The thought was Hatcher would replace Bowen in the starting rotation and Bowen would become a rotational guy when he becomes healthy. With both being gimpy, Chris Baker may get a bigger opportunity to show what he has to offer.
According to Jay Gruden, Hurt showed up to training camp out of shape and not ready to practice. That could spell doom for Hurt, who is already way down the depth chart at offensive tackle to begin with. Not a good way to start the year with a new head coach.
“He came in a little bit out of shape and we’ll just go from there. We’ll make sure we monitor his condition moving forward.”
NFL rules state that a member of the training camp PUP list can return to action at any point.
picture via redskins.com
Incoming search terms:
- pup starting camps