- Dexter Manley to be Featured on NFL Network’s “A Football Life”
- David Amerson Working Hard to Improve After Sophomore Slump
- Charles Mann Receives College Degree
- Redskins License Plate Collection
- Final Person Sentenced in Sean Taylor Murder Trial
- Redskins Will Have Ticket Lottery for Texans Training Camp Visit
- Robert Griffin III Focused on Continuing his Growth as a QB
- Redskins Minicamp Recap – Day 1
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 6-16-2015
- Will Duke Ihenacho or Jeron Johnson Start at Strong Safety?
Redskins Hire new Scout and Offensive Assistant
- Updated: May 30, 2013
The Redskins announced on Wednesday that they have hired former Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Larry Coyer to join their scouting department. The team also hired former Michigan assistant coach Aubrey Pleasant as an offensive assistant.
Coyer served as Mike Shanahan’s defensive coordinator in Denver from 2003 to 2006. Coyer initially served as linebackers coach for the Broncos from 2000 to 2002 before receiving his promotion to defensive coordinator. He will serve as an advance scout for the Redskins. Coyer most recently served as defensive coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts from 2009 to 2011.
Pleasant spent the 2011 and 2012 seasons as a defensive graduate assistant for Michigan’s football team. He played safety for Wisconsin from 2005 to 2008. It wasn’t immediately clear which area of the offense that Pleasant will work with. Earlier this off-season, the team promoted Mike McDaniel from offensive assistant to wide receivers coach.