- Redskins Preseason Opponents Announced (2014)
- Redskins Agree to Deal With DeSean Jackson
- Redskins Sign Safety Ryan Clark
- Brian Orakpo Signs Redskins Franchise Tender
- Letter From Dan Snyder: Formation of Original Americans Foundation
- Redskins Mock Draft: 2014 (2nd Edition)
- RGIII: “I Think it’s Safe to say I Won’t be Wearing the Brace”
- Redskins Re-Sign Brandon Meriweather
- Doc Walker Performs Rivalry Baptism on Jason Hatcher (Video)
- Redskins Release Center Will Montgomery
Redskins Hire new Scout and Offensive Assistant
- Updated: May 30, 2013
The Redskins announced on Wednesday that they have hired former Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Larry Coyer to join their scouting department. The team also hired former Michigan assistant coach Aubrey Pleasant as an offensive assistant.
Coyer served as Mike Shanahan’s defensive coordinator in Denver from 2003 to 2006. Coyer initially served as linebackers coach for the Broncos from 2000 to 2002 before receiving his promotion to defensive coordinator. He will serve as an advance scout for the Redskins. Coyer most recently served as defensive coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts from 2009 to 2011.
Pleasant spent the 2011 and 2012 seasons as a defensive graduate assistant for Michigan’s football team. He played safety for Wisconsin from 2005 to 2008. It wasn’t immediately clear which area of the offense that Pleasant will work with. Earlier this off-season, the team promoted Mike McDaniel from offensive assistant to wide receivers coach.