- Redskins Preseason Opponents Announced (2014)
- Redskins Agree to Deal With DeSean Jackson
- Redskins Sign Safety Ryan Clark
- Brian Orakpo Signs Redskins Franchise Tender
- Letter From Dan Snyder: Formation of Original Americans Foundation
- Redskins Mock Draft: 2014 (2nd Edition)
- RGIII: “I Think it’s Safe to say I Won’t be Wearing the Brace”
- Redskins Re-Sign Brandon Meriweather
- Doc Walker Performs Rivalry Baptism on Jason Hatcher (Video)
- Redskins Release Center Will Montgomery
Redskins Injury Report (9-19-2013)
- Updated: September 19, 2013
Safety Brandon Meriweather participated in Wednesday’s practice on a limited basis. Meriweather was cleared to participate in individual drills after suffering a concussion during the Green Bay game.
Kicker Kai Forbath has not been practicing this week because of the sore groin that kept him out of last week’s game and he won’t kick again until Friday. The Redskins have kept John Potter around this week in case Forbath can’t go. Coach Mike Shanahan said Wednesday that he would consider using both during the game, with Potter handing kickoffs. He did not want to do that last week, saying Forbath’s groin was bad enough that the motion of just kicking a field goal was tough.
“He’ll get evaluated every day and we’ll see what the doctors think each day,” Shanahan said.
Defensive lineman Kedric Golston was listed as a limited participant in Wednesday’s practice because of an abdominal injury.
The team the Redskins will be facing, the Detroit Lions, have a long list of players who are hurting. Running back Reggie Bush (knee), safety Don Carey (hamstring), safety Louis Delmas (knee), receiver Patrick Edwards (ankle) and tackle Jason Fox (groin) did not practice Wednesday, and defensive tackle Nick Fairley (shoulder) and guard Rob Sims (knee) practiced but were limited.