- Washington Redskins Training Camp Will Start on July 27
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Safety Josh Harvey-Clemons at Pick 230
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects WR Robert Davis at Pick 209
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Center Chase Roullier at Pick 199
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects TE Jeremy Sprinkle at Pick 154
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects RB Samaje Perine at Pick 114
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects CB Fabian Moreau at Pick 81
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects LB Ryan Anderson at Pick 49
- Washington Redskins RB Matt Jones on Trading Block
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Jonathan Allen at Pick 17
Daily Recap: Redskins O-Line Had 4th Fewest Sacks in 2016; Robert Kelley has Minor Knee Surgery
- Updated: January 20, 2017
Redskins O-Line Had 4th Fewest Sacks in 2016
The ‘Daily Recap’ didn’t run yesterday, so we’ll start off with a quick recap of Thursday’s Redskins news bits.
–As the possibility that Kyle Shanahan takes the San Francisco 49ers head coaching job increases, so does the thought that the Niners may make a run at Kirk Cousins. Currently the 49ers have the overall number 2 pick in April’s draft. If the Redskins place the franchise tag on Cousins, there is a good chance that San Fran will try to make a deal for the signal caller.
ESPN’s John Keim points out that in the Redskins sign Cousins to a non-exclusive franchise tag that another team could sign Cousins to an offer sheet. Washington would then either match the offer or receive two No. 1 draft choices as compensation. Those picks can be negotiated, but the bottom line is another team would have to give up high draft picks plus pay Cousins a mega contract. Click HERE to read the full story.
–Keim also put an article out talking about current defensive coordinator candidate Jason Tarver, who Keim says former Redskins defensive end Andre Carter is sold on and says, “his football IQ is on another level.” You can read that story by clicking HERE.
–The Redskins put out an article detailing a season look-back of the offensive line. They made sure to point out that the Redskins offensive line allowed only 23 sacks in 2016, good enough for 4th fewest in the NFL. You can read that article by clicking HERE.
–There are currently 103 players who have been granted permission to enter the NFL draft early. Redskins.com took the time to look ove the complete list of eligible players. Click HERE to view the entire list.
–Redskins linebacker Ryan Kerrigan had to have surgery on his injured elbow earlier this week. Click HERE for full details.
Was a 30-minute procedure right after season. Was told he’s already in PT and able to do some light workouts. At worst: 1 month recovery https://t.co/4kBrkdzvWx
— John Keim (@john_keim) January 20, 2017
–According to sources, the Washington Redskins are set to hire former 49ers and Browns quarterbacks coach Kevin O’Connell. O’Connell was a quarterback for the Patriots, Lions, Jets, Dolphins, and Chargers after being drafted out of San Diego State in the third round in the 2008 draft. Read the entire article by clicking HERE.
SOURCE: Kevin O’Connell expected to become the Washington Redskins new QB coach.. He was in the mix for college co-OC jobs.
— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) January 20, 2017
We’ll have more Redskins news bits tomorrow–> HTTR!!!