- Washington Redskins Announce 2017 Preseason Opponents
- Redskins Sign Former Colts Linebacker Chris Carter
- Redskins Clear cap Space by Releasing Ricky Jean Francois
- Terrelle Pryor is Focused on Opportunity to Prove Himself With Redskins
- Redskins Officially Hire New Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray
- Daily Recap: Redskins D-Line Needs Mesh Well With Strength of the Upcoming Draft; Montravius Adams To The Redskins at 17?
- Daily Recap: Only 2 Teams got Fewer Snaps From Their Rookies in 2016; Is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham a Possibility at 17?
- Virginia Governor Claims New Redskins Stadium Can Be Built Without Taxpayer Dollars
- Redskins Injury Report: Gruden Gives Update on Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed and Su’a Cravens
- Daily Recap: Matt Cavanaugh Says “Don’t Expect Much to Change on Offense”; Could Ohio St Safety Malik Hooker Fall to Redskins?
Redskins Place Duke Ihenacho on Injured Reserve, Sign Will Blackmon
- Updated: September 16, 2015
Redskins Place Duke Ihenacho on Injured Reserve
The Washington Redskins placed strong safety Duke Ihenacho on season-ending injured reserve Tuesday. Ihenacho dislocated his wrist in Sunday’s game against the Miami Dolphins. It’s not the first stint on IR during his time with the Redskins as Ihenacho spent the entire season there a year ago with a fractured heel bone.
Thanks everyone for your support and prayers. I see it all.
— Duke Ihenacho (@NachoLyfe) September 16, 2015
Ihenacho beat out free-agent Jeron Johnson for the starting strong safety position in training camp. Trenton Robinson will take over the position for the Redskins.
The Redskins signed CB Will Blackmon to take Ihenacho’s roster spot. Blackmon, 30, has spent time with four different franchises and started 14 games since entering the NFL as a fourth-round draft pick by Green Bay in 2006. He also played 11 games with the Giants in 2010-11, and 23 with the Jaguars in 2013-14.
Blackmon has experience returning kicks having returned 81 kickoffs for a 20.7 yard average and 72 punts for an 8.8 yard average. The Redskins are lacking depth with Justin Rogers suffering from plantar fasciitis, and Chris Culliver on the suspended list this week.
In other news:
The Redskins released FB Ray Agnew, and signed CB Dashaun Phillips & LB Houston Bates to the practice squad.