- Who Will Start at Safety Opposite of Landon Collins? | Redskins Training Camp Questions 2019
- Who Will Start at Left Guard? | Redskins Training Camp Questions 2019
- Rated R Radio: Episode 8 – Current State of The Redskins: Post-Case Keenum Trade (PODCAST)
- Rated R Radio: Episode 7 – Josh Rosen Trade Rumors at the Combine?; DK Metcalf is a BEAST!
- Rated R Radio: Episode 6 – AAF, Stadiums and Redskins Free Agency? Oh My…
- Rated R Radio: Episode 5 – 100% Doom & Gloom Free Redskins Talk
Redskins Place Trent Murphy on IR, Sign OL Rishaw Johnson
- Updated: December 23, 2014
Redskins Place Trent Murphy on IR
The Washington Redskins placed rookie linebacker Trent Murphy on their Reserve/Injured list (IR).
Murphy had started the last 8 games since taking over when Brian Orakpo went on the IR earlier this season, Murphy had 32 tackles with 2 1/2 sacks to go along with 2 forced fumbles.
Murphy fractured the third metacarpal in his right hand in Sunday’s win over the Eagles, he did not return to the game following the injury.
To fill the vacant spot on the active roster left open by placing Murphy on IR, the Redskins signed OL Rishaw Johnson from the New York Giants’ practice squad.
The Redskins also signed receiver Colin Lockett to their practice squad.
In other news:
Coach Jay Gruden was hopeful but unsure if Trent Williams would play against Dallas, he’s also letting the doctors and Williams decide if he will go or not. “That’s up to Trent and the doctors”, Gruden said. “I don’t ever make that…I don’t ever force a player to play if they’re injured or try to talk them into it. First of all, the trainers have got to clear him, the doctors and then if the player thinks he can fight through it, man, it’s great. But it’s a great tribute to Trent and what type of tough guy he is and then that’s why he is voted captain when he does stuff like that. I mean, it’s just – really he could barely lift his arm up and he’s out there continuing to battle and came out of the game, came back in the game and finished it so… But I will leave that up to Trent. I’ll leave that up to the doctors and if he can go I’m sure he’ll go.”