- Redskins Officially Hire New Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray
- Daily Recap: Redskins D-Line Needs Mesh Well With Strength of the Upcoming Draft; Montravius Adams To The Redskins at 17?
- Daily Recap: Only 2 Teams got Fewer Snaps From Their Rookies in 2016; Is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham a Possibility at 17?
- Virginia Governor Claims New Redskins Stadium Can Be Built Without Taxpayer Dollars
- Redskins Injury Report: Gruden Gives Update on Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed and Su’a Cravens
- Daily Recap: Matt Cavanaugh Says “Don’t Expect Much to Change on Offense”; Could Ohio St Safety Malik Hooker Fall to Redskins?
- Redskins Announce Coaching Staff Changes
- Redskins Re-Sign Veteran Long Snapper Nick Sundberg
- Chris Baker Wants to Return to the Redskins and Retire in Washington
- Daily Recap: Redskins O-Line Had 4th Fewest Sacks in 2016; Robert Kelley has Minor Knee Surgery
Redskins Sign Eight Players to Practice Squad
- Updated: September 1, 2013
Today the Redskins announced their 8 man practice squad. Here are the following players who were brought back after clearing waivers: CB Chase Minnifield , DE Dominique Hamilton, G Tevita Stevens, ILB Will Compton, RB Jawan Jamison, T Xavier Nixon, WR Lance Lewis and WR Nick Williams.
– Many, including myself were shocked when the Redskins cut Chase Minnifield as it was thought that Chase had done enough to make the team the way Mike Shanahan spoke about him. But after the last two games in which Minnifield struggled in, he was released when the Redskins made their final cuts form 75 to 53. This is a good opportunity for Chase to get completely healthy as well as develop more as a player, while the Redskins get to hold onto him for another year in hopes that he will be a future piece to the puzzle. Minnifield turned down offers to go elsewhere after being released so that he could return to Washington.
– Dominique Hamilton was locked into a battle with Phillip Merling for the last defensive end spot and simply lost out to a more experienced player. Hamilton will get his shot at the 53-man roster again next season.
– With three runningbacks in Chris Thompson, Roy Helu and Evan Royster already backing up Alfred Morris it shouldn’t take long to figure out why Jawan Jamison found his way off of the 53 man roster. But Shanahan’s love of runningbacks was enough for the Redskins to bring back Jamison for the practice squad.
– Tevita Stevens and Xavier Nixon give the Redskins two lineman on the shelf so to speak who can be developed. Nixon was thought to be 2nd to 3rd round talent at one point so a year to develop further on the practice squad can only help the situation.
– Lance Lewis and Nick Williams showed flashes during camp and the preseason but the Redskins only kept 5 receivers this year which left these two young guys on the outside looking in. They just simply were not better than the other 5 wide-outs ahead of them, but patience could be the key if a injury were to happen to one of the receivers on the roster.