- Rated R Radio: Episode 6 – AAF, Stadiums and Redskins Free Agency? Oh My…
- Rated R Radio: Episode 5 – 100% Doom & Gloom Free Redskins Talk
- Redskins Hire Ray Horton as New Defensive Backs Coach
- Rated R Radio: Episode 4 – Who Stays, Who Goes? (PODCAST)
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 17
- Rated R Radio: Episode 3 – Spoil the Eagles Season? (PODCAST)
Washington Redskins re-sign inside linebacker Zach Brown
- Updated: March 15, 2018
By signing the speedy Brown to a three-year contract the team was able to bring back their leading tackler from last season. The move helps the Redskins in their bid to finish rebuilding their defensive unit that looked much better last season before injuries really upended their year.
The Redskins reportedly offered the 28-year-old Brown a contract weeks ago but the six-year NFL veteran wanted to test the free agent market first. After finding the market wasn’t higher than Washington’s offer, Brown signed. Head coach Jay Gruden was happy to finally have Brown signed.
Jay Gruden on ILB Zach Brown re-signing: "We were getting a little nervous here. Everybody was getting ready to sign and Zach was holding out on us…I think it's a great fit. Love his speed, love his athleticism."
— Brian McNally (@bmcnally14) March 15, 2018
“We were getting a little nervous here. Everybody was getting ready to sign and Zach was holding out on us…I think it’s a great fit. Love his speed, love his athleticism.”
Brown recorded 127 tackles last season including 84 unassisted and 2.5 sacks. The 6-1, 250-pound linebacker is viewed mainly as a run-stopper but is one of the most important pieces in defensive coordinator Greg Manusky’s system.
A video of Brown’s highlights from the 2017-18 season is below:
[Featured Image via redskins.com]