- Rated Redskins Radio: Bruce Allen and Head Trainer Larry Hess Fired, Ron Rivera Hired
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Cowboys vs Redskins Week 17
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 16
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 15
- Redskins Closing in on Top Five Draft Pick Status
- Derrius Guice Sprains MCL, Redskins Place him on Injured Reserve
Redskins Release John Potter and Phillip Merling
- Updated: October 1, 2013
In a move to make room on the current roster for returning players Jarvis Jenkins and Rob Jackson, the Washington Redskins released place-kicker John Potter and defensive end Phillip Merling on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old Merling appeared in three regular-season games for Washington, recording two tackles. Merling has previously played for Miami (2008-2011) and Green Bay (2012).
Potter, a second-pro from Western Michigan, hit 3-of-4 field goals in three games in place of Kai Forbath, who missed time with a groin injury. The 23-year-old Potter also forced touchbacks on 8-of-14 kickoffs.