- Washington Redskins 2018 Madden Ratings
- Redskins LB Trent Murphy Will Miss the Entire 2017 Season With Torn ACL/MCL
- Redskins Injury Report: RB Keith Marshall Tore Right Patellar Tendon, Out for Season
- Washington Redskins Sign DB Jeremiah McKinnon, Release DB Lou Young III
- Redskins Training Camp 2017: Recap Day 1 (Videos)
- Washington Redskins Release Linebacker Houston Bates, Sign Tight End E.J. Bibbs
- Jordan Reed one of Four Redskins to Start Training Camp on PUP List
- Washington Redskins DeAngelo Hall, Houston Bates Will Begin Camp on PUP List
- Redskins QB Kirk Cousins Will Play Another Season on the Franchise Tag
- Washington Redskins Showcase Security & Menu Changes at 2017 Taste of FedexField
Redskins Release Quarterback Pat White
- Updated: September 14, 2013
The Washington Redskins have officially announced the release of quarterback Pat White, to make room on the roster for kicker John Potter, signed to fill-in for injured Kai Forbath against the Packers on Sunday.
Potter, 23, was brought in on Friday after Forbath experienced soreness from a strained groin muscles, which surfaced in practice on Thursday.
Potter spent time with the team throughout training camp before being waived on August 26. He spent the first six weeks of the 2012 season as a kickoff specialist for the Bills, kicking off 24 times with 13 touchbacks and an average of 66.8 yards.
Originally it was believed that White would be a short-term signing but he became the story of the preseason when he survived final cuts. The decision surprised many as it gave Washington four quarterbacks on the roster and coach Mike Shanahan only suited two up at a time the entire season a year ago.
He completed 28-of-50 passes for 330 yards, and ran for 103 yards and three touchdowns on 19 rushes in the preseason.
The team could re-sign White as early as next week if he clears waivers.