- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cardinals Week 13
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 12
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Packers Week 11
- Redskins Legend Joe Jacoby Named Semifinalist for Hall of Fame
- Redskins Rookie WR Maurice Harris Ready to Contribute
- Redskins Press Conferences: Kirk Cousins 11-16-2016
- Redskins Sign Dashaun Phillips to Practice Squad; Release Carlos Fields
- Kirk Cousins Most Recent Career Milestone Ranks High in Redskins History
- Redskins Press Conferences: Kirk Cousins 11-13-2016
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Vikings Week 10
Redskins Release Quarterback Pat White
- Updated: September 14, 2013
The Washington Redskins have officially announced the release of quarterback Pat White, to make room on the roster for kicker John Potter, signed to fill-in for injured Kai Forbath against the Packers on Sunday.
Potter, 23, was brought in on Friday after Forbath experienced soreness from a strained groin muscles, which surfaced in practice on Thursday.
Potter spent time with the team throughout training camp before being waived on August 26. He spent the first six weeks of the 2012 season as a kickoff specialist for the Bills, kicking off 24 times with 13 touchbacks and an average of 66.8 yards.
Originally it was believed that White would be a short-term signing but he became the story of the preseason when he survived final cuts. The decision surprised many as it gave Washington four quarterbacks on the roster and coach Mike Shanahan only suited two up at a time the entire season a year ago.
He completed 28-of-50 passes for 330 yards, and ran for 103 yards and three touchdowns on 19 rushes in the preseason.
The team could re-sign White as early as next week if he clears waivers.