- DeAngelo Hall Agrees to Restructure Contract With Washington Redskins
- Washington Redskins Training Camp Will Start on July 27
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Safety Josh Harvey-Clemons at Pick 230
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects WR Robert Davis at Pick 209
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Center Chase Roullier at Pick 199
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects TE Jeremy Sprinkle at Pick 154
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects RB Samaje Perine at Pick 114
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects CB Fabian Moreau at Pick 81
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects LB Ryan Anderson at Pick 49
- Washington Redskins RB Matt Jones on Trading Block
Redskins Release Quarterback Pat White
- Updated: September 14, 2013
The Washington Redskins have officially announced the release of quarterback Pat White, to make room on the roster for kicker John Potter, signed to fill-in for injured Kai Forbath against the Packers on Sunday.
Potter, 23, was brought in on Friday after Forbath experienced soreness from a strained groin muscles, which surfaced in practice on Thursday.
Potter spent time with the team throughout training camp before being waived on August 26. He spent the first six weeks of the 2012 season as a kickoff specialist for the Bills, kicking off 24 times with 13 touchbacks and an average of 66.8 yards.
Originally it was believed that White would be a short-term signing but he became the story of the preseason when he survived final cuts. The decision surprised many as it gave Washington four quarterbacks on the roster and coach Mike Shanahan only suited two up at a time the entire season a year ago.
He completed 28-of-50 passes for 330 yards, and ran for 103 yards and three touchdowns on 19 rushes in the preseason.
The team could re-sign White as early as next week if he clears waivers.