- Dwayne Haskins vs Kyle Allen – Is It a Real QB Competition?
- NFL Unveils Oakley Mouth Shields Designed to Protect Against COVID-19
- Kelvin Harmon Tears ACL, Will Miss 2020 Season | Redskins Injury Report
- Washington “Retires” Redskins Name & Logo
- Redskins Select Chase Young With 2nd Overall Pick | 2020 NFL Draft
- Redskins Free Agency: Ron Rivera Starts his Rebuild in the Bargain bin
Redskins Select Chase Young With 2nd Overall Pick | 2020 NFL Draft
- Updated: April 23, 2020
Redskins Select Chase Young
The Washington Redskins used the second overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft to select Ohio State edge rusher Chase Young. Young (6-5, 265 lbs) grew up in Maryland and attended Dematha Catholic High School and had 19 sacks in his senior year.
Young set a single-season record in 2019 for sacks at Ohio State recording 16.5 sacks, including four in one game. In 34 career games, he finished second all-time in sacks behind Mike Vrabel with 30.5. Young added 40.5 tackles for loss, nine forced fumbles, and 98 total tackles during his time at Ohio State.
Young didn’t attend the scouting combine this year but has the intangibles and physical gifts that stand out without all the drills at the “underwear Olympics.” He’s a game-wrecking athlete with a nasty first-step twitch that scouts look for at his position.
Redskins fans should be excited about what Chase Young will add to the already powerful defensive line he now joins. There’s not one guy on that line that opposing teams will be able to double-team without worrying about the next guy who can/will wreck shop as well.
Leave a Comment