- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 2
- Redskins Film Review: Week 1 – Redskins vs Eagles
- Redskins Highlights: Rookie WR Terry McLaurin & QB Case Keenum (Week 1)
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 1
- Who Will Start at Safety Opposite of Landon Collins? | Redskins Training Camp Questions 2019
- Who Will Start at Left Guard? | Redskins Training Camp Questions 2019
Washington Redskins Select G Arie Kouandjio With the 112th Pick (2015 NFL Draft)
- Updated: May 2, 2015
Redskins Select G Arie Kouandjio With the 112th Pick
The Washington Redskins selected guard Arie Kouandjio from the University of Alabama with the 112th pick (4th round) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
Kouandjio (6-5, 310 lbs) started 14 games for the Crimson Tide last year and was first-team All-SEC.
The Redskins will have really good competition along the offensive line this summer with the addition of Kouandjio and the first round addition of Brandon Scherff on Thursday
Stiff throughout his lower body and mechanical. Poor change of direction when asked to leave his phone booth and venture beyond line of scrimmage. Is only marginal peeling off block to pick up blitzes and twists. Uses lean over leverage as run blocker. Balance issues make it hard for him to sustain blocks after contact on the move. Poor athleticism in general.
While Kouandjio has been part of a successful team at Alabama, that doesn’t mean he is ready to take that next step. At times it’s painful to watch Kouandjio try to move in space and he’s limited to blocks that are right in front of him. His lack of functional athleticism and versatility will limit his NFL chances.
Kouandjio describes himself as tenacious and warrior mentality.
— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) May 2, 2015
Below are a few videos featuring Kouandjio: