- Rated R Radio: Episode 8 – Current State of The Redskins: Post-Case Keenum Trade (PODCAST)
- Rated R Radio: Episode 7 – Josh Rosen Trade Rumors at the Combine?; DK Metcalf is a BEAST!
- Rated R Radio: Episode 6 – AAF, Stadiums and Redskins Free Agency? Oh My…
- Rated R Radio: Episode 5 – 100% Doom & Gloom Free Redskins Talk
- Redskins Hire Ray Horton as New Defensive Backs Coach
- Rated R Radio: Episode 4 – Who Stays, Who Goes? (PODCAST)
Washington Redskins Select Safety Kyshoen Jarrett With the 181st Pick (2015 NFL Draft)
- Updated: May 2, 2015
Redskins Select Safety Kyshoen Jarrett With the 181st Pick
The Washington Redskins selected safety Kyshoen Jarrett from Virginia Tech with the 181st pick (6th round) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
Jarrett (5-10, 200 lbs) was a three starter at Virginia Tech and was named third team all-ACC. Jarrett will likely contribute early on special teams.
Three-year starter. Very productive and very physical. Plays the game with intensity and energy. Ready to get downhill and battle in run support with every snap. Lines up defense and does a solid job of covering tight ends, despite lack of height. Diligent in coverage to make up for lack of athleticism. Plays with bend and plus play strength, and fights through blockers to chase and finish tackles. Always sniffing at the ball with 89 tackles, eight passes defensed, three interceptions and a forced fumble in 2014.
Productive, yet limited, three-year starter with a nose for the ball and a willingness to play a physical brand of football. He can be a liability in coverage and will have to be covered up by scheme, but he’s an absolute bulldog around the line of scrimmage and can play on special teams right away.
PRO DAY RESULTS
40-yard dash: 4.53 and 4.48 seconds
20-yard short shuttle: 4.23 seconds
Three-cone drill: 7.06 seconds
Below are some videos featuring Jarrett: