- Brandon Scherff Selected to PFWA 2015 All-Rookie Team
- Important Redskins Offseason Dates
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Packers Wild Card Weekend
- Joe Jacoby Named Pro Football Hall Of Fame Finalist
- Redskins 2016 Opponents List
- Redskins Will Host Green Bay in First Round of Playoffs
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 17
- Against All Odds, Redskins Are 2015 NFC East Division Champions
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 16
- Redskins Can Clinch the NFC East With Win Next Week In Philly
Redskins Have Agreed to Terms With WR Andre Roberts
- Updated: March 11, 2014
According to Mike Jones of the Washington Post, the Washington Redskins have come to terms with former Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Andre Roberts. Reports have suggested that Robert’s deal could end up around four years for $16 million, with half of that guaranteed (around $8 million), which is around the league average for slot receivers.
Source says the #Redskins and WR Andre Roberts have agreed to a deal.
— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) March 11, 2014
Andre Roberts’s deal with Skins will end up 4yrs around $16M, with half of that guaranteed. Very nice haul for him
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 11, 2014
Roberts, who will be entering his fifth season, stands 5-11 and weighs 195’s, will likely be Santana Moss’s replacement at the slot position next season (doesn’t necessarily mean Moss won’t be back in a lesser role, but as of now Santana is a free agent).
Andre Roberts was drafted in third round out of the The Citadel, he has 182 catches for 2,123 yards and 11 touchdowns in his career. Last season he recorded 43 catches for 471 yards and two touchdowns. The kid has blazing speed (4.36 at the combine) combined with pure toughness and improving hands.
The Redskins won’t be able to make this move official until free agency opens at 4pm Tuesday.
Roberts signed for 4 years, $16 million, $8 million total guaranteed, with 1.25 first yr salary guaranteed.
Here’s a highlight video of Roberts: