- Redskins Release Barry Cofield, Stephen Bowen Save $9.7 Million
- Redskins Sign Defensive End Ricky Jean-Francois
- Top 5 Most Underrated Washington Redskins of All-Time
- Redskins Make Change to DeAngelo Hall’s Contract
- Sean Taylor Book “Going Full Speed” as Told by Pedro Taylor to Come out in Spring
- Join the Movement: Lets Get Redskins Legend Joe Jacoby in the Pro Football Hall of Fame
Redskins Have Agreed to Terms With WR Andre Roberts
- Updated: March 11, 2014
According to Mike Jones of the Washington Post, the Washington Redskins have come to terms with former Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Andre Roberts. Reports have suggested that Robert’s deal could end up around four years for $16 million, with half of that guaranteed (around $8 million), which is around the league average for slot receivers.
Source says the #Redskins and WR Andre Roberts have agreed to a deal.
— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) March 11, 2014
Andre Roberts’s deal with Skins will end up 4yrs around $16M, with half of that guaranteed. Very nice haul for him
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) March 11, 2014
Roberts, who will be entering his fifth season, stands 5-11 and weighs 195’s, will likely be Santana Moss’s replacement at the slot position next season (doesn’t necessarily mean Moss won’t be back in a lesser role, but as of now Santana is a free agent).
Andre Roberts was drafted in third round out of the The Citadel, he has 182 catches for 2,123 yards and 11 touchdowns in his career. Last season he recorded 43 catches for 471 yards and two touchdowns. The kid has blazing speed (4.36 at the combine) combined with pure toughness and improving hands.
The Redskins won’t be able to make this move official until free agency opens at 4pm Tuesday.
Roberts signed for 4 years, $16 million, $8 million total guaranteed, with 1.25 first yr salary guaranteed.
Here’s a highlight video of Roberts: