- Redskins Hand out new Jersey Numbers
- Redskins Press Conferences – Jay Gruden 9-1-2014
- Redskins vs Texans – Week 1 Promo (VIDEO)
- Redskins Sign 8 Players to Practice Squad
- Redskins Claim Former Broncos Safety Duke Ihenacho
- Washington Redskins 53-man Roster 2014-15
- Redskins cut Three Runningbacks
- Redskins Begin Roster Cutdown to 53
- Which Redskins Players had the Best Preseason?
- Redskins Preseason Week 4 – Jay Gruden Post Game Press Conference
Redskins Sign DE Darryl Tapp
- Updated: March 28, 2013
The Washington Redskins reached an agreement with former Eagles defensive end Darryl Tapp on Thursday.
Tapp appeared in 13 games for the Eagles last season, tallying 17 tackles in 257 snaps. The 28-year-old Virginia Tech product spent his first four seasons of his career in Seattle and the past three in Philadelphia.
The deal is for one year, as was reported on twitter by Adam Schefter.
Redskins reached agreement on a one-year deal with former Eagles DE Darryl Tapp, per league source.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 28, 2013
Tapp’s best year came as a member of the Seahawks in 2007, when he started 16 games and totaled 41 tackles & seven sacks. He’s started eight games the past four seasons combined, including none last season.
It’s unclear how the Redskins plan to use Tapp, who is listed at 6 foot 1, 255 pounds. But it’s possible he’ll be used as a reserve pass rushing linebacker behind Brian Orakpo, who is recovering from a pectoral muscle tear, and Rob Jackson, who is facing a four-game suspension.
Tapp, 28, played collegiately at Virginia Tech, where he played in 53 games across four seasons from 2002-05.
Tapp recorded 187 tackles (38 for loss) and 23.5 sacks in his collegiate career, during which time he played with current Redskins wide receiver Joshua Morgan and center Will Montgomery.
Darryl was born on Sept. 13, 1984, in Portsmouth, Va. He attended Deep Creek H.S. in Chesapeake, Va., where he compiled 22 sacks in leading his team to a 34-4 record during his three seasons with the varsity squad.