- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Bills Preseason Week 3
- Redskins Acquire Center Bryan Stork Via Trade With Patriots
- Rashad Ross Continues His Fight for Roster Spot
- Preseason Week 2 Observations Redskins vs Jets
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Jets Preseason Week 2
- Redskins End Richmond Camp With Fun And Shenanigans
- Preseason Week 1 Observations Redskins vs Falcons
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Falcons Preseason Week 1
- Redskins Will Induct Bobby Beathard Into Ring of Fame
- Redskins Press Conference: Jay Gruden 7-29-2016
Redskins Sign top Draft Pick David Amerson
- Updated: May 18, 2013
The Washington Redskins announced Friday that they have signed 2013 second-round draft pick cornerback David Amerson (51st overall).
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
— Redskins (@Redskins) May 17, 2013
Amerson (6-1, 205) started 35 of the 39 career games in which he played at NC State, amassing 169 tackles (131 solo), 18 interceptions and three interception returns for touchdowns.
His 18 career interceptions are the most in school history and are tied for the third-most in ACC history.
As a junior last season, Amerson started all 13 games for the Wolfpack, earning second-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors after leading the conference in interceptions for the second straight year.
A year earlier as a sophomore, Amerson led the nation with 13 interceptions, setting ACC and NC State records in the process.
That season, he was named the winner of the Jack Tatum Award, given annually to the nation’s top defensive back.
Amerson, 21, was born on Dec. 8, 1991 and he attended Dudley High School in Greensboro, NC, where he was ranked the number 19 safety in the country by Rivals.com.