- Rated R Radio: Episode 6 – AAF, Stadiums and Redskins Free Agency? Oh My…
- Rated R Radio: Episode 5 – 100% Doom & Gloom Free Redskins Talk
- Redskins Hire Ray Horton as New Defensive Backs Coach
- Rated R Radio: Episode 4 – Who Stays, Who Goes? (PODCAST)
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 17
- Rated R Radio: Episode 3 – Spoil the Eagles Season? (PODCAST)
Washington Redskins Sign DB Jeremiah McKinnon, Release DB Lou Young III
- Updated: July 29, 2017
Redskins Sign DB Jeremiah McKinnon, Release DB Lou Young III
The Washington Redskins made a minor roster move Saturday as the team released defensive back Lou Young III, who was given an injury designation and signed defensive back Jeremiah McKinnon to replace him on the 90-man roster.
McKinnon, 24, was originally signed last season as an undrafted rookie by the Dallas Cowboys out of Florida International University but also spent time with the Tennessee Titans as well.
Skins signed DB Jeremiah McKinnon, FIU product. He's wearing 38. Don't see CB Lou Young, who had worn 38.
— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) July 29, 2017
Jeremiah's cousin Cedric and Jay Gruden were teammates on the Tampa Bay Storm https://t.co/81L0aqgwTk
— T M (@reshmanuel) July 29, 2017
According to the team’s website, McKinnon appeared in 34 games and collected 101 tackles with 19 passes defended, three fumbles forced and three fumbles recovered while at Florida International. McKinnon also intercepted five passes during his college career, two of which were returned for touchdowns.
The Redskins currently have 18 total defensive backs on their 90-man roster.
Below is a collection of highlights from McKinnon’s time in college. We apologize for any bad language and recommend that you turn the sound off if it offends you.
[Featured Image by Redskins.com]