- Redskins Best Bargain Players of 2015
- Niles Paul is Focused on Becoming a Better Blocker
- Dexter Manley to be Featured on NFL Network’s “A Football Life”
- David Amerson Working Hard to Improve After Sophomore Slump
- Charles Mann Receives College Degree
- Redskins License Plate Collection
- Final Person Sentenced in Sean Taylor Murder Trial
- Redskins Will Have Ticket Lottery for Texans Training Camp Visit
- Robert Griffin III Focused on Continuing his Growth as a QB
- Redskins Minicamp Recap – Day 1
Redskins Officially Sign Five Undrafted Players, Offer Tryouts to Others
- Updated: May 1, 2013
The Washington Redskins officially signed five free agents on Wednesday according to Rich Campbell of the Washington Times.
Redskins UDFAs: UAB LB Marvin Burdette, Troy WR Chip Reeves, Utah C Tevita Stevens, New Haven WR Jason Thompson, UConn WR Nick Williams
— Rich Campbell (@Rich_Campbell) May 1, 2013
Those five newly signed players will be in attendance at the three day rookie camp that begins on Friday along with the other rookies who were drafted and a collection of tryout players.
The Redskins currently have 78 active members on the roster, which leaves enough roster space for five more players after adding this years draft choices to the list.
These are the five the team officially signed:
Marvin Burdette ILB, Alabama-Birmingham – 5-9, 232 lbs
Concluded UAB career with 38 career starts and became the school’s all-time leading tackler as a senior. Burdetter finished his Blazers’ career with 406 tackles to rank first on UAB charts, and also had 27 tackles for loss in his four seasons.As a senior, Burdette set school records for tackles in a career (406), tackles in a season (157) and tackles in a game. His highlights can be viewed by clicking HERE
Chip Reeves WR, Troy – 5-10, 176 lbs
Had six touchdowns 1,050 yards on 65 catches last season.
Tevita Stevens C, Utah, 6-1, 307
Three-year starter was named honorable mention All-Pac 12. He will turn 26 on July 4. He’s a two-time member of the All-Academic Pac-12 first team.
Jason Thompson WR, New Haven 6-3, 190 lbs – Despite being in a D2 school, he was extremely productive. He started for New Haven in 2009 but didn’t burst onto the scene until 2011 where he grabbed 43 receptions for 1046 yds and 14 TDs in 13 games. in 2012 he came up big again with 44 receptions for 881 Yds and 16 Tds in only 11 games. Watch his highlights by clicking HERE.
Nick Williams, WR, Connecticut – 5-10, 184lbs
In the Husky career record books Williams is first in kick return yards per return average with 28.3, is tied for third in number of returns with 55, second in yardage with 1,556 and tied for first for returns for TDs with two.
For a full list of undrafted free agent Redskins signings as well as tryout invites for this years rookie camp—-> CLICK HERE
Incoming search terms:
- jason thompson redskins
- redskins tryouts 2013
- redskins open tryouts
- washington redskins tryouts 2015 football
- what Washington redskins tryout invites signed with the redskins