- DeAngelo Hall Agrees to Restructure Contract With Washington Redskins
- Washington Redskins Training Camp Will Start on July 27
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Safety Josh Harvey-Clemons at Pick 230
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects WR Robert Davis at Pick 209
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Center Chase Roullier at Pick 199
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects TE Jeremy Sprinkle at Pick 154
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects RB Samaje Perine at Pick 114
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects CB Fabian Moreau at Pick 81
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects LB Ryan Anderson at Pick 49
- Washington Redskins RB Matt Jones on Trading Block
Redskins Sign Jordan Reed, Have all Draft Picks Signed now
- Updated: May 24, 2013
The Washington Redskins have now signed all of their draft picks from this years NFL draft as they signed tight end Jordan Reed on Friday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
— Redskins (@Redskins) May 24, 2013
The Redskins are looking to use Jordan Reed much in the same way that the New England Patriots use the player he is most compared to, tight end Aaron Hernandez.
Reed was a high school quarterback and originally came to the University of Florida with intentions of playing that very position before being transitioned to other positions.
Reed (6-2, 243) started 26 of the 36 career games in which he played at Florida, 25 at tight end and one at quarterback. He caught 79 passes for 945 yards and six receiving touchdowns in his collegiate career.
As a junior in 2012, Reed was named first-team All-SEC by the Associated Press after leading the Gators with a career-high 45 receptions for 559 yards with three receiving touchdowns. His 45 receptions were the most by a Florida tight end since Aaron Hernandez’s 68 receptions in 2009.
This is the fastest that all draft picks have been signed by the Redskins under the management of GM Bruce Allen.