- 2016 Roster Breakdown: Redskins Offensive Line
- First Annual Capital Beer Classic at FedExField on July 30th
- 2016 Redskins are Ready to Prove Naysayers Wrong
- Redskins Hire First Female Head Physician in NFL History
- Redskins Sign Last Draft Pick CB Kendall Fuller; Sign WR Jarvis Turner
- Redskins Release Training Camp Schedule; Will Begin July 28, 2016
- Redskins Rookie WR Josh Doctson Q & A Interview (VIDEO)
- Jordan Reed Named Number 77, “NFL Top 100 of 2016” (VIDEO)
- Redskins Sign six of Seven Draft Picks
- Redskins Weekly News Roundup 5-10-2016
Redskins Sign Jordan Reed, Have all Draft Picks Signed now
- Updated: May 24, 2013
The Washington Redskins have now signed all of their draft picks from this years NFL draft as they signed tight end Jordan Reed on Friday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
— Redskins (@Redskins) May 24, 2013
The Redskins are looking to use Jordan Reed much in the same way that the New England Patriots use the player he is most compared to, tight end Aaron Hernandez.
Reed was a high school quarterback and originally came to the University of Florida with intentions of playing that very position before being transitioned to other positions.
Reed (6-2, 243) started 26 of the 36 career games in which he played at Florida, 25 at tight end and one at quarterback. He caught 79 passes for 945 yards and six receiving touchdowns in his collegiate career.
As a junior in 2012, Reed was named first-team All-SEC by the Associated Press after leading the Gators with a career-high 45 receptions for 559 yards with three receiving touchdowns. His 45 receptions were the most by a Florida tight end since Aaron Hernandez’s 68 receptions in 2009.
This is the fastest that all draft picks have been signed by the Redskins under the management of GM Bruce Allen.