- Evan Royster Placed On Injured Reserve
- Redskins Injury Report: Hurt Placed on IR, Reed Still a no go in Practice
- NFL Releases Statement on Redskins vs Giants Ending
- Redskins Promote Chase Minnifield to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Stephen Bowen Placed on Injured Reserve, Will Have Surgery
- Members of the Navajo Code Talkers Association Honored by Redskins
- Joe Jacoby Named Semifinalist for the 2014 Hall of Fame Class
- Leonard Hankerson Has LCL/ACL Surgery
- Injury Report: Redskins vs Eagles; Hall Will Play, Bowen is Questionable
- Redskins Promote Nick Williams to Active Roster From Practice Squad
Redskins Sign Kicker Kai Forbath, Release Billy Cundiff
- Updated: October 9, 2012
This reported signing means the Redskins are sure to now release kicker Billy Cundiff following another poor outing last weekend against the Atlanta Falcons when Cundiff missed a 31 yard field goal(his second in two weeks from that distance) that would have given the Redskins a 10-0 lead with very little time left in the first half.
Updated 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time….Billy Cundiff has officially been released.
This signing comes after free agent kickers Olindo Mare, Josh Brown and Forbath were at Redskins Park today working out. Forbath will become the 19th place kicker the Redskins have had since 1994.
Forbath was 5/5 in preseason this year but has never attempted a kick in the NFL’s regular season. He made 10 of 13 field goals from beyond 50 yards at UCLA, including the game winning 51-yarder as senior to beat Oregon State, he also hit on 84.2 % of his field goals (72.2 % as a senior).
Here is a draft profile for him from 2011.
Kai Forbath can be found HERE on twitter.
Couldn’t be more excited to join Redskins nation! #HTTR
— Kai Forbath (@KaiForbath) October 9, 2012