- Redskins Release Barry Cofield, Stephen Bowen Save $9.7 Million
- Redskins Sign Defensive End Ricky Jean-Francois
- Top 5 Most Underrated Washington Redskins of All-Time
- Redskins Make Change to DeAngelo Hall’s Contract
- Sean Taylor Book “Going Full Speed” as Told by Pedro Taylor to Come out in Spring
- Join the Movement: Lets Get Redskins Legend Joe Jacoby in the Pro Football Hall of Fame
Redskins Sign Former Titans Center Kevin Matthews
- Updated: May 7, 2013
The Washington Redskins have signed former Titans center Kevin Matthews.
Matthews, a three-year veteran, played in 14 games from 2010-2012, starting three including two last season. He only played in three games in 2010 and none in 2011.
Kevin Matthews is listed at 6 foot 3, 302 pounds. The 26-year-old played collegiately at Texas A&M and was signed by the Titans as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He is the son of Pro Football Hall of Fame offensive lineman Bruce Matthews, an assistant coach for the Titans at his position.
The Redskins released center Kyle Wilborn, who was signed as a college free agent on May 2, in a corresponding move done to free up a roster spot.
Matthews will likely backup starting center Will Montgomery.